PDA

View Full Version : I have the BEST husband E-V-E-R!!!

Hunter Mom
Jan. 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
I began leasing a horse on January 1 from another adult at the barn who is going back to school. He's a teenaged jumper who will be a schoolmaster for me. At breakfast this morning, DH brought up that he really liked hte horse (he's seen me ride him one time) and maybe we should see if she'd be willing to sell him to us. His owner and I had already talked and I didn't feel it was a time I could really buy, but she is willing to work with me because she knows he'll be loved and have a great forever home. I told him of her offer, and he said to do it!! YEAH!!! I bought myself a jumper today!!!!

Here's a photo of him with his soon-to-be former owner doing level 2 in August. (http://www.photostockplus.com/home.php?user_id=11982&tmpl=31&event=261809&action=viewphoto&photo_id=20539998&album_id=314043&pcount=45)

Sing Mia Song
Jan. 17, 2010, 01:49 PM
That husband's a keeper! :winkgrin: Congratulations!

And as the owner of another blaze-faced chestnut gelding, I think he's adorable, of course.

doublesstable
Jan. 17, 2010, 02:26 PM
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW HORSE! He's really nice.

I know from experience, moments like that make us want to keep those men in our life. :lol:

twinkle
Jan. 17, 2010, 02:44 PM
He is a beautiful boy. Congratulations!!!! Your husband sounds wonderful too. I hope that you guys have a long and fun time together.

Duckz
Jan. 17, 2010, 02:57 PM
You lucky duck! Congrats! :)

ThatScaryChick
Jan. 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
Very cool! Congrats on your new horse!

SarahandSam
Jan. 17, 2010, 03:11 PM
Congrats, and what a great husband! And a super-cute horse. (:

chunky munky
Jan. 17, 2010, 03:17 PM
" Women be wise, keep yo mouth shut. Don't advertise yo man." Bessie Smith ;-)

Catomine
Jan. 17, 2010, 03:24 PM
LOVE it!!

luckeys71
Jan. 17, 2010, 03:32 PM
Every once in a while they will shock you like that. I have my, now 5 year old, homebred, basically, due to my completely non-horsey husband. A friend had sent me an e-mail about a weanling she had that she would sell me cheap to "keep her in the family". My husband ACTUALLY thought it was a GOOD idea and brought it up to me, before I had read the e-mail. Well, the friend (and horse) were 14 hours away and I did some thinking about it and talking to other friends who lived in the area and knew them and decided, shoot, if I'm going to buy a young one and grow it up, why don't I just make my own? I already had a mare that I adored. That's just what I did and ended up with a fancier horse than I had even dreamed of! I don't think I would have done it without my husband's suggestion of buying that weanling.

Congrats on the great new horse and the great husband, too!

Limerick
Jan. 17, 2010, 04:06 PM
Wonderful story!!!!! Congrats and the horse is very cute!!!!!

grayfox
Jan. 17, 2010, 04:12 PM
Congrats on your new horse and your nice husband!

HunterObsession
Jan. 17, 2010, 04:56 PM
Congrats! I was at the show that the picture was taken at. What is your horses name? I may know him. Feel free to send a PM if you do not want to put his name on your thread!

Hunter Mom
Jan. 17, 2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks everyone - Willie is a very cool boy. He has been at our barn for a long time, which makes me feel very comfortable with him. I'd ridden him a few times and always thought he was oh-so fun. Now he's mine to ride whenever I want! I've got a lot to learn from him.

blackcat95
Jan. 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
Ah, lucky!!! I love chestnut geldings with blazes- I've had experiences with 3 of them over the past year. I think they're just attracted to me...