PDA

View Full Version : Photography at shows?

ThisIsIt
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:48 PM
How much do you pay for photography at your shows? Just curious. :]

I guess to be accurate, answer most of this info in your post:

State/area:
Type of show: (A, B, C, schooling, ect.):
Professional or ammie?:
Price:
For what?: (digital copy, 4x8 print, ect.):

Thank you!

Tha Ridge
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:50 PM
In my experience (...and that experience includes working for several horse show photographers), the shows don't pay to photographers - the photographers pay a vendor fee just like a tack shop or any other vendor would.

(I'm speaking of A and AA-rated shows here, by the way.)

ThisIsIt
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:52 PM
Oh I know. Sorry if that didn't make sense. I was wondering how much YOU as a rider paid to get pictures...

Go Fish
Jan. 16, 2010, 11:55 PM
West Coast...

Averages about $45 for an 8 X 10 color. Eyes and ears retouched for free. CD with release is $75. Shipping fee $10.

superpony123
Jan. 17, 2010, 12:07 AM
depends entirely by photog.

theres some around here that only charge 20 for an 8x10, some 45, but id say 60 is most common. 80 also pops up for some photogs as well (this is all for 8x10)

this is in zone 2 (nj ny pa)

you cant really separate by show, because ive seen multiple photogs at shows

like, at HITS, both ESI and lili weik are on the higher end of the price spectrum

reflections, another big photog company, is right around the middle, with 60 for an 8x10, IIRC, and its very worth it. they have great pics.

there are other companies that do various shows, A shows and cs and non rated that charge varying amounts. i know of a company that asks 50 or 60 for an 8x10 but they frankly don't take pictures that are worth it, every picture ive ordered from them has been out of focus (but you cant tell with the tiny low-res thumbnail sample you base your order off of, of course :|) or blurry in some way, the colors off and dull. another place takes AWESOME pictures and is well established but charges much less.

Duckz
Jan. 17, 2010, 12:37 AM
I've paid $40 for a 4x6 from one of the big name guys at a rated Maryland show.

We also have a top notch local photographer who charges much less - $10 for 4x6, $20ish for 8x10. It's a side job for her though, so it's hit or miss if she can make it to a show.