PDA

View Full Version : Who's in Aiken...

Laddy Boy
Jan. 16, 2010, 09:14 PM
that I can get lessons from? I'd love to cram in as many lessons as possible when I am there. Next question - how do i appraoch a BNR to ask about lessons? Track them down at a show? Go to their website? Thanks - any info would be great!

PonyGal08
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:39 PM
Phillip Dutton is in Aiken... It's my understanding from others that he or his wife responds to the contact info on his website.

RiverBendPol
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:52 PM
Why go to a BNT when you can go to a bnt who has more time, costs a little less, has a smaller ego and chances are, is a better INSTRUCTOR? There are lots of fantastic instructors who just might not have a pinque coat yet who would love to spend some time with you. To find them, web sites work. Phone books too. Horse shows, tack shops, Mexican restaurants, IHOP on Monday mornings, ask around.
Let's see: (in NO particular order)
Sally Cousins
Carol Kozlowski
Suzi Gornall
Babette Lenna
Kerri Tory
Alison Eastman
Heather Carlson
These are all just pals of mine who happen to be fabulous instructors. I'm sure there are plenty more. With this list, you could have a lesson a day with a different coach each time.

Eventingjunkie
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:53 PM
Kim Severson will be in Aiken February/March. You can reach her via the e-mail address on her website http://kimseversoneventing.com/contact.asp

pday09
Jan. 16, 2010, 11:29 PM
I second Kim Severson, she's great to ride with. :)
Also, Kate Chadderton from area 2 is there, I used to work for her and highly recommend her: katechadderton.com, her contact info is on the website.

scubed
Jan. 17, 2010, 08:57 AM
Lellie Ward is based at Paradise Farm year around and is a fantastic teacher. Also, Allison Springer is usually there, as well as Jan Bynny, Susie Beale (for only a few weeks this year, but if schedules coincide...), Bonnie Mosser (not right in Aiken, but in the area), and others

Laddy Boy
Jan. 17, 2010, 09:03 AM
That is all great info! I know PD is there, but that is not what I am looking for! I would be wayyyyy out of my league! Just want to have some fun and get some new thoughts on it all.
Thanks again!

RunForIt
Jan. 17, 2010, 09:52 AM
That is all great info! I know PD is there, but that is not what I am looking for! I would be wayyyyy out of my league! Just want to have some fun and get some new thoughts on it all.
Thanks again!

Every single one of these trainers are top notch...but if you're wanting to get super instruction and have lots of fun, do give Lellie a call. Plus, her farm is soooo nice for every single phase of eventing...

Bottom line - have lots of fun and report back in DETAIL!!!! :cool:

SuperEventer
Jan. 17, 2010, 12:07 PM
I third Kim Severson.... She has an incredible eye, and you take soooo much information with you. Plus, she has a great group of young riders and other riders that ride with her (and are also in Aiken) that makes it A LOT of fun. :) She's great with all levels and ages of riders...

RunForIt
Jan. 17, 2010, 12:34 PM
I third Kim Severson.... She has an incredible eye, and you take soooo much information with you. Plus, she has a great group of young riders and other riders that ride with her (and are also in Aiken) that makes it A LOT of fun. :) She's great with all levels and ages of riders...

my goal is to have horse AND me sound to take lessons from Kim next year...absolutly the tops as a person and as a trainer/instructor/eventer...:cool:

Foxhall
Jan. 17, 2010, 01:32 PM
Boyds in Aiken. He seems like he would be really fun to ride with.

equinelaw
Jan. 17, 2010, 05:37 PM
I volunteer as a starter at the winter events, so I have a good view of who is riding with who and who is getting a lot of help. These are all good choices, but I think Simon Eades deserves a mention here too.

His riders seem to be winning and happy and the horses are always safe and sound and ready to go on time:)

patricia.dasilva
Jan. 17, 2010, 05:41 PM
There's a Clayton + Lucinda Fredericks clinic Feb.9-11 at Paradise Farm. You might also want to check that out.

You can find the info here: http://www.hollypayne.com/News.html

mcw
Jan. 17, 2010, 07:21 PM
I will second Simon Eades. He is an absolutely fantastic teacher. I learn more in an hour with him than in 4 with anyone else. PM me if you need contact info.

Eventer-n-SC
Jan. 18, 2010, 07:25 PM
Pretty sure Stephen Bradley will be staying at Full Gallop mid Jan. to March.