PDA

View Full Version : Anyone w/Adam trailer in silver or pewter colors?

tpup
Jan. 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
Well I decided on the Adam :) The Bronco II bumper pull slant/stock combo. I can't decide on color. My truck is a dark navy blue, but we don't think we can match it to the Indigo blue Adam. I never really wanted or cared for it to match my truck. So I am going to do metallic silver, dark gray or pewter...(not the metallic goldish color...) Does anyone have a pic of their Adam in these colors? The models I saw in person were dark gray. I always pictured myself with a lighter color, although I know that will show more rust, etc. The Adam website confuses me - can't tell the colors very clearly, although I know which one is the goldish one which I don't want.

Rescue_Rider9
Jan. 16, 2010, 06:02 PM
I dont have an adams trailer, but I have a pewter and my aunt has a metalic silver. Hers has faded.. mine has not. Silver fades faster. Mine still looks brand new and was bought in 04

tpup
Jan. 16, 2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks Paige - the pewter is a silver, right?? I don't have the samples with me. I know there was a very light "metallic" silver. I think the pewter is between the medium and dark grey? Thanks SO much.

Kota
Jan. 16, 2010, 07:26 PM
hey there, glad you decided on the Adam. My truck is also navy and I think it looks good with the dark grey:

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/2593935010050876342IicbNz

suz
Jan. 16, 2010, 07:35 PM
is adam building your trailer from scratch for you? when hawk built mine i told them the name of the ford paint (oxford white w/ bronze trim) and they were happy to paint the trailer the same. don't remember if it costs more though...
oh, and congratulations on your new trailer!

Meredith Clark
Jan. 16, 2010, 09:28 PM
I do.

I don't have a picture though... I can take one?

I was told by the dealer that the bright metallic silver has a tendency to peal/chip so they convinced me not to get it.

The pewter color one I got looks almost khaki colored in some lights. I wish I would have gotten the SILVER even if I had to touch up the paint.

Great trailer though.. love it.

wildlifer
Jan. 18, 2010, 05:29 PM
I got the blue one -- since it was sitting there on the lot -- I really like it because it's different and also it helps reduce risk of theft since it stands out. It's a pretty colour (I like blue anyway) and looks really nice. My truck is gold so it doesn't match, but I don't care very much. Anyway, maybe not very helpful, but anyway. Aren't pewter and silver the same colour? I saw one that was a gold/khaki colour, guess I haven't seen the silver ones.

Meredith Clark
Jan. 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
TPup - It never stopped raining yesterday and I had to drop it off at the shop last night (just happens you need a picture the same day I had scheduled to have it taken in!)

I'm picking it up tomorrow and I'll send you or post a pick :yes:

Meredith Clark
Jan. 19, 2010, 02:01 PM
tell me if his picture link works

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs244.ash1/17131_856811695388_5705150_47949792_3504154_n.jpg

It's from my cell phone so it's not the best quality.

it's basically an elephant grey color that looks sorta kackie or beige in some lights.

tpup
Jan. 19, 2010, 05:26 PM
It worked! Thanks for posting. I like it alot!! Really appreciate it :)