PDA

View Full Version : Monoflap with a similar balance point to Antares?

whenigrowup
Jan. 16, 2010, 04:04 PM
Later this year I'm going to possibly replace my Antares Med-Deep with a monoflap XC saddle. I love my Antares and the place it sits me, but I want a wool flocked saddle. Does the Vega or anything ride similar to the Antares? I've jumped also in a BC Quantum (I think thats what it was) and liked it ok.

eventer_mi
Jan. 18, 2010, 03:44 PM
Later this year I'm going to possibly replace my Antares Med-Deep with a monoflap XC saddle. I love my Antares and the place it sits me, but I want a wool flocked saddle. Does the Vega or anything ride similar to the Antares? I've jumped also in a BC Quantum (I think thats what it was) and liked it ok.

I don't think that the Vega (or it's more expensive cousin, the Amerigo) rides like an Antares. I used to have an Antares, and now I have an Amerigo (the Antares didn't even come close to fitting my boy), and they don't ride alike at all. The Antares rides more like my trainer's Devoucoux, if you ask me. I rode in her Devoucoux (ohmyGOD - is that a comfy saddle or what?) and loved it, but had an issue with my lower leg creeping forward. I had the same issue with my Antares. For some reason, the Antares and the Dev don't really allow me to sit over my leg, which my Amerigo does. So, if you're looking for something that rides more like an Antares, I'd try another Frenchg saddle - possibly a Devoucoux monoflap, or a CWD.

jn4jenny
Jan. 18, 2010, 09:19 PM
Antares and Devoucoux ride similarly. Not surprising since I'm pretty sure the folks who founded Antares used to work for Devoucoux. ;)

Is there a reason you can't convert your current Antares to wool? Compared to buying a new saddle, that's a much cheaper fix.

If you liked the Quantum, Black Country will put the Vinici monoflaps on any of their saddles/trees.

Bacchus
Jan. 19, 2010, 10:14 AM
I have not ridden in one or seen one, but someone on COTH (Grasshopper?) likes these: www.heritagesaddlery.co.uk

Great prices for custom saddles.

I have e-mailed the rep, and he seems very helpful and knowledgable. Turn around is quick. Worth an e-mail to him, anyway.

If I can sell my BC Vinici monoflap, I'm probably going to replace it with one of these. Love the Vinici, but it's too wide for my horse:(

southerneventgirl
Jan. 22, 2010, 06:24 PM
I have a CWD monoflap and LOVE it! They can also do wool which is what I have.
I would give them a try.

ne900
Jan. 23, 2010, 08:53 PM
I tried a CWD monoflap with wool flocking and really loved it. The only problem was that it was used and too expensive for the condition it was in. Otherwise I'd own it. When I am ready to buy a new saddle, this is first I would look at.