PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Video Camera

Sadie*Bear
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:11 PM
I am looking to buy a new video camera and was wondering what some of your favourites are. It would be for sales videos and just filming at horse shows and stuff. It would need to be able to transfer files to a computer. I would like a decent zoom and good quality. :)

Thanks!

allybox
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Flip+Video+-+MinoHD+Camcorder+-+Black/9077054.p?skuId=9077054&id=1218016495147

Love this for horse videos!
Takes surprisingly good quality videos considering how small it is. Easy to just throw in your pocket for shows. Comes with software so you can upload videos easily. And my favorite part is that it helps you create still frames so you can get really clear jumping pictures taken from the video!

ilmjumper
Jan. 16, 2010, 12:58 AM
I just got the Sony Handycam and although i love some things about it, i hate that i can't get quality stills from the video. Actually got better stills from my Kodak 12 mp camera/camcorder...but the videos themselves weren't as nice!

Whatever you decide to get make sure you can use a tripod with it and DO! Makes such a big difference and a bouncy, seasickness inspiring video will make me stop watching faster than a bad mover!

ImJumpin
Jan. 16, 2010, 10:37 AM
I love my HD Flip! Could not be easier to transfer video online and also makes it easy to edit video, including getting still shots from the video. I just got it at Christmastime and used it in the indoor, which we all know how indoor lighting can be. The video was still great quality. Can't wait to see what good outdoor lighhting does. It is not expensive, and is SMALL.

MHM
Jan. 16, 2010, 03:30 PM
I just got the Flip HD at Christmas, but haven't tried it out yet. I'm glad to see it's getting good reviews here!

HappyHorsez
Jan. 16, 2010, 07:05 PM
I have a really old flip when it was still called Small Wonder (RCA) and the zoom isn't good and the screen is small but when i put it into my Imovie... GORGEOUS footage and most basic movie makers allow you to zoom in on one part of the screen so even if the camera doesn't have good zoom you can still show off your horse. Definitely recommend a Flip!