PDA

View Full Version : Lowest prices on GM books?

AmandaandTuff
Jan. 15, 2010, 03:24 PM
I borrowed a GM book from my instructor and read it.

Long story short, I was in an accident, book ended up in the house, and the puppy chewed it to bits.

I don't want to spend a whole bunch, but I did promise to buy another copy. What online tack stores would have the lowest prices? I prefer not to buy used as the book was new when I got a hold of it.

Thanks in advance!

BAC
Jan. 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
If its Hunter Seat Equitation its less than $30 on Barnes and Noble website, and that's for a new copy. At the moment there is a special and everyone gets the Member's price (minus 10%).

You could check Amazon too and see if they have a better price.

hntrjmprpro45
Jan. 15, 2010, 03:28 PM
I always shop at Amazon. I can usually find books for around $5-10. I have bought a lot of GM books there, so there is a good selection.

jn4jenny
Jan. 15, 2010, 03:34 PM
If I want a deal on a book, a tack store is definitely not where I look.

I go to bookfinder.com and look at the available prices on online dealers, then I check retailmenot.com for a relevant coupon code. Then just to be sure, I check the prices at local bookstores (especially Borders/Waldenbooks since they're forever sending printable 30-to-40% off coupons via email).

For example, alibris.com is selling a new copy of George Morris' Hunter Seat Equitation for $21 + $3.99 shipping. You can try a $3 off coupon code (thankyou3), and if you're an Ebates.com member, you can get an additional 3% back. Most people don't bother with the Ebates, but even without Ebates, that's only $21.99.

If you prefer to buy local, try http://printable-coupons.blogspot.com/ and pick up a Borders/Waldenbooks or Barnes and Noble coupon. With the latest Borders Rewards coupon (for 33% off any regularly priced book), it would be $26.36 + taxes.

lauriep
Jan. 15, 2010, 06:03 PM
Or ebay. I've gotten several from there.

dab
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:45 PM
You can order it from WalMart online and pick it up at a local store for $25 -- http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=460688 --

LizzieAnn
Feb. 7, 2010, 06:20 PM
I got GM's Hunt Seat Equitation for four dollars! I got it in a consignment shop, brand new! Best $4 I have ever spent!

SarahandSam
Feb. 7, 2010, 10:18 PM
I got my Hunt Seat Eq at a local used bookstore for $5... lovely early edition with our author/cover model in rust breeches and a white linen coat. d;