PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a Bobby Meyerhoff (or Meyhoff)

Rescue_Rider9
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:32 AM
I had inquired about a WS position, but I had to inform the lady that I really just couldnt afford to work for her so she gave me contact information of a Bobby Meyhoff, but I believe it was supposed to say Meyerhoff. I believe in USEA records though, his name is Robert. I did a little research and I am fairly certian this is correct.
Anyway, ANyone know him?

mjrtango93
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:20 AM
I knew Bobby when he still lived in CA, his younger brother also rode then, not sure about now. If you looked him up yes is should say Robert Meyerhoff, but he always went by Bobby when he was here. He has some nice horses, and was always hard working and down to earth. Haven't seen him in several years now though, so perhaps somebody that is around him now can chime in.

roki143
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:23 AM
Yup! I actually know Danica (his fiance) better, but their both super laid back, nice people. Danica just won the 2* at Poplar.

If you ever saw that video of the horse almost do a rotational going down the hill into the water, rider almost come off, but they made it through the whole complex clean with no stirrups and pretty much no reins... that was Bobby. I'll have to see if I can find that link, but I know it was posted on here a while ago.

roki143
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:32 AM
Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJd-U8w_6bw

cinnabar
Jan. 15, 2010, 12:05 PM
Bobby is based in Middleburg, but is now in Ocala. PM me and I can get you info.

WNT
Jan. 15, 2010, 07:39 PM
I worked for Bobby over a winter and spring in Middleburg and Aiken. It was a good opportunity, as he has experience from working with eventing and show jumping trainers (Stuart Black and Aaron Vale, as of early 2007, and surely more since then). Very laid back, but not at all lax. I would recommend it if you get the opportunity to follow up.

karin@dutchbreeders@aol.com
Nov. 6, 2010, 01:20 PM
Hello Everyone,
I just came across this thread, and wanted to offer my experiences with Bobby Meyerhoff, and his fiance, Danica, now in Culpeper, VA.. My husband and I met Bobby and Danica in Ocala last winter, and since then, have had 8 of our young KWPN horses with them.... Six of those young horses were "started" by Bobby and Danica, and one was a 5 year old Dressage horse that they helped to train over fences, and then get sold. We have been THRILLED with Bobby and Danica, in every way! They both are fantastic horsemen, and compassionate, skilled, riders/trainers. They are hard working, and give the horses in their care amazing treatment and affection. The 8 horses differed widely in temperament, rideability, size, and sensitivity.....but Bobby and Danica's horsemanship and skill gave each horse exactly what they needed, with great outcomes. We also sold them a horse last month, and found them both to be fair, completely honest, and wonderful to work with, in every way. The horses are beautifully cared for, happy, and look better and better, every time I see them. Bobby and Danica's barn and facilities are fantastic, and full of "Happy Horses". I wouldn't change a thing, except I wish they were closer!<G> The fact that we would send our horses, that far away (about 4 + hours), is a testament to our level of trust in Bobby and Danica (we usually keep our horses closer to home, so they are within the reach of our Veterinary Practice).

Here is a link to a video clip of Bobby riding our coming 3 yr old that they started, Dreamweaver SCF (Converter (Contender X Silvio 1) X Coriano X Beltrum (v. Saluut) X Purioso X Joost). In this clip, Dreamer is <30 days under saddle (he was living in a field 6 weeks ago!). This is his FIRST Canter U/S :

Www.YouTube.com/watch?v=Ge8zSoWRV4E

Here is a second SCF horse ridden by Bobby, coming 4 year old Catapult SCF (Judgement X Coriano):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PswQi1N01is

I can recommend Bobby and Danica, without reservation, in every way! We feel very lucky to have found such wonderful, capable, young horse trainers, skilled in both Dressage, and Show jumping. As a bonus, the horses also get ridden cross country, which helps to give them a very well rounded education.

Feel free to contact me with any questions, or for a personal reference!

Hope this helps!
Warmly,
Karin
SPORTING CHANCE FARM
www.sportingchancefarm.com
KWPN BREEDERS OF THE YEAR 2006
USDF DSHB RES CH BREEDERS OF THE YEAR 2006