* Spring Hill Suites – (910) 695-0234
* Microtel Southern Pines – (910) 693-3737
* Pinehurst Golf Resort and Hotel – (910) 295-6811
* The Jefferson - (910) 692-9911

Suggestions on best place to stay?

Thanks!

wildlifer
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:19 AM
We stayed at the Microtel -- like everything else down there, overpriced. Horrid "breakfast", go to Bojangles instead! We stayed there because it was the cheapest. The room was fine, very standard, but sparse -- they didn't even have shampoo for the shower and had forgotten to give us towels. Pretty sorry for $80, but it was clean and it had a bed. Since I stay in a LOT of hotels for work, not much bothers me anymore, but I sure was glad I was sharing the room with three people, cause if I had paid $80 on my own, I would have been very annoyed.

gchildean
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:21 AM
This is a pretty random list of hotels. I would google hotels in Southern Pines and Aberdeen. Pinehurst is getting you further away from the horse park.

inquisitive
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:54 AM
This is a pretty random list of hotels. I would google hotels in Southern Pines and Aberdeen. Pinehurst is getting you further away from the horse park.

That is the list provided in the travel information. I do not know the area (obviously). I know the omnibus said the address is wrong but googling the 'address' shows it being 30 minutes from Southern Pines (near Five Points).

gchildean
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:03 AM
That is the list provided in the travel information. I do not know the area (obviously). I know the omnibus said the address is wrong but googling the 'address' shows it being 30 minutes from Southern Pines (near Five Points).

Five points is about 25 minutes from the hotels. There are quite a few hotels that are way cheaper than the ones on the list. Try these links:

http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/southern-pines-nc-hotels.html
http://www.trails.com/aberdeen_north-carolina-hotels.html

I would stay in the Southern Pines and Aberdeen area. Pinehurst, Carthage, and Pinebluff are getting pretty far away.

gchildean
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:07 AM
Here is the address from the website.
Carolina Horse Park • 2814 Montrose Rd., Raeford, NC 28376

inquisitive
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:09 AM
Here is the address from the website.
Carolina Horse Park • 2814 Montrose Rd., Raeford, NC 28376

Five points is about 25 minutes from the hotels. There are quite a few hotels that are way cheaper than the ones on the list. Try these links:

http://hotel-guides.us/north-carolina/southern-pines-nc-hotels.html
http://www.trails.com/aberdeen_north-carolina-hotels.html

I would stay in the Southern Pines and Aberdeen area. Pinehurst, Carthage, and Pinebluff are getting pretty far away.

I got the address from the website, it says that its wrong on maps though. Where is the HT, Five Points or Southern Pines?

ACMEeventing
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:13 AM
If you do use one of the travel search engines (like Expedia) and click on the "see hotels on a map" options, you want to pick one that is near the intersection of Rt 1 and 211. The farther you get from 211, the longer your drive will be to the Horse Park.

The town of Raeford is also fairly close, but with only one hotel shown, I'm not sure it would be, um, desirable.

There is also a privately owned rental less than 2 miles from the Park. It is a cozy 3 bedroom with a barn and paddocks available for rent to out-of-towners. I don't know the price, but if you factor in the cost of stabling it is probably worth checking into:

The Bunk House - (910) 690-7636, or (910) 875-8936.

Good luck and happy travels, you will love the Carolina Horse Park!

gchildean
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:14 AM
That Address is correct. I'm not sure whats going on with Maps. The HT is at the Horse Park at Five Points in Raeford, NC. Southern Pines is about 25 minutes away.

inquisitive
Jan. 15, 2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks! Any further suggestions for 'better' hotels would be appreciated :)

FairWeather
Jan. 15, 2010, 12:08 PM
I've heard good things about the Springhill Suites and Comfort inn. Ditto staying in Aberdeen or Pinehurst.

There is a B&B in old town aberdeen which would put you about 10 minutes from the Horse Park, i'll dig up the name. Some friends stayed there and said it was really nice and cute, and last I checked rooms were really reasonable.

wildlifer
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yes, the Horse Park is at Five Points. No hotels really close to there.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:52 PM
Nothing other than a couple of B&Bs were really close.

I did all the searches, looked at the maps and pictures and read the reviews. I ended up booking at the SpringHill Suites.....I have dogs so that limited a few of my choices. (I think the Comfort Inn was the other one that looked good but didn't take pets).

All the hotels are fairly close to one another....and all about 25-30 minutes from the park.

GotSpots
Jan. 15, 2010, 02:21 PM
The Motel 6 is fine as well (not fancy, but clean/safe), and takes dogs. We've often put a bunch of people into it, and the price is right.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 15, 2010, 02:47 PM
The Motel 6 is fine as well (not fancy, but clean/safe), and takes dogs. We've often put a bunch of people into it, and the price is right.

It was also one of the closest....but the others were only a few minutes further.

pegasusmom
Jan. 15, 2010, 05:52 PM
Take a look at any of the hotels listed for Southern Pines on US Route 1. The horse park is located in Hoke County (we all have a Raeford address even though we are outside of the city limits) Would steer clear of the Country Hearth, just about anything else is ok. Allow minimum of 30 minutes to get from Route 1 to CHP.

The one hotel in Raeford is not suitable. Also, DO NOT count on mapquest or GPS systems for accurate directions - most of the systems do not provide them correctly and you will end up on the middle of the Blue Farm. If you want accurate directions, send me a PM and I can provide them for you.

Show Mom 4 U
Jan. 16, 2010, 09:42 AM
We usually stay at the Best Western on US1 (it used to be a Hampton Inn). They give you great rates, the rooms are clean and they allow dogs.

SCC
Jan. 24, 2010, 09:27 PM
There also is a new Hampton Inn about 3 minutes from the intersection of US 1 and 211 on 15/501. Spring Hill Suites and Comfort Inn are good too.

blazing saddles
Jan. 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
Best Western is cheap and good.

http://www.bestwesternnorthcarolina.com/hotels/best-western-pinehurst-inn/

Go to the Thai restaurant down the street. Awesome place.

tarheelmd07
Jan. 26, 2010, 11:04 AM
Best Western is cheap and good.

http://www.bestwesternnorthcarolina.com/hotels/best-western-pinehurst-inn/

Go to the Thai restaurant down the street. Awesome place.

The Thai restaurant is great - we went there last year :)