PDA

View Full Version : Value of used trailer?

Hannahsmom
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:10 AM
I have been considering sizing down in my trailer and was trying to figure out where to look to see similar trailers to determine value. Blue Book? I know of HorseTrailerWorld site but other sites I could compare to see what values are? It's hard to find as you have to find a similar trailer and mine had some upgrades

wildlifer
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:41 AM
There is not really a good trailer blue book. Just hunt around and compare -- sites to look at --
craigslist
equine.com
tacktrader.com
ebay

anchodavis
Jan. 17, 2010, 04:41 PM
Tacktrader is a good one and also look at the trailer section on Dreamhorse - do a search online for used trailers and you'll find lots of web sites. Then you can search for trailers of a similar size/model to yours - it's a great way to buy too - if you watch for a while you get a good sense of when something sells fast, it's a good price, when it doesn't it's too high, etc. I watched a number of sites before I bought my first and then second trailer to get a sense of when to move on one - the last I got for about $1200 below what I think the lady could have sold it for - but she was motivated and I was able to come pick it up and pay for it right away. If you can post the make/model/condition etc. with some pics here, I am sure people would be able to give you feedback!