PDA

View Full Version : Hawk XXL 2 horse BP

europa
Jan. 15, 2010, 08:59 AM
I am thinking of buying this trailer and wondering if anyone has any experience with these trailers and what you think.

I breed Warmbloods and need something large and long that I can open up to take mares and foals to inspections and also for showing purposes.

tuckawayfarm
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:04 AM
I love mine!

It works great without the dividers for mares and foals. The ramp makes loading and unloading babies easy and safe. My biggest WBs have plenty of room and seem more comfortable in my two horse Hawk than my bigger slant load.

Mudroom
Jan. 15, 2010, 04:03 PM
I bought one in the mid 90's and loved it. My 17.2 Perch/TB did fine in it. I kept it until about 5 years ago and then I bought a GN. I sold the Hawk to a close friend and it is still going strong.

Invite
Jan. 15, 2010, 06:30 PM
My friend has one and it is fantastic. She actually used to breed warmbloods and used it for hauling to inspections, etc. It is a lovely trailer and I have never heard any complaints about it. Keep in mind I am a diehard Kingston woman and I still like the Hawk :winkgrin:

molliwog
Jan. 16, 2010, 12:45 PM
I have a friend with the GN version of this trailer- it's one of the nicest ones for the money that I have ever seen.

She is thrilled with the quality of her trailer. It is very roomy- she's hauled two resonably large (17h+) horses in it with no issues.

I've also noted that the hardware (mats, tie rings, door latches, etc.) seems to be better quality than most.

I like my Logan trailer, but when it's ready for retirement, I will definitelly consider a Hawk as its replacement.