PDA

View Full Version : Questions about an over girth (Breyer)

Tobias
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:23 AM
I know I have asked you guys for ideas about an eventing set that I was making for a customer. I will soon show you pictures of my finished set. but for now.. I have a few more questions.

I understand that the over girth goes through loops that are on the girth, Would the three loops where the 5-point breast plate attach to the girth go around the over girth as well?

I need to have a running attachment, how loose or tight should it be?

I really appreciate all your guys' help so far! This set is going to NAN (North American Nationals) in July. I hope it does well!

Thanks again!
-Elizabeth

EventerAJ
Jan. 15, 2010, 12:48 PM
The overgirth would run directly against the main girth, going through the breastplate loops. If you were to put an overgirth on top of the breastplate, it would not be as secure-- it would tend to slip sideways a little atop the breastplate loops as the horse gallops. (Not that your Breyer model will be galloping at high rate of speed, lol, but I know you want the authenticity).

The running attachment rings should reach up to the horse's withers, or up to the cheek/throatlatch when head is held at normal height.

Tobias
Jan. 15, 2010, 02:29 PM
Thank you so much!!!

Tobias
Jan. 23, 2010, 04:32 PM
Another Question...Does the over girth run under the extra stirrup leathers straps?

poltroon
Jan. 23, 2010, 06:04 PM
I would put it under.

EventerAJ
Jan. 23, 2010, 06:58 PM
It goes under. Stirrup leathers should be unrestricted, to slide off the stirrup bar in case a foot gets caught when rider falls.