PDA

View Full Version : Advice about the new cribbing zap collars

greeneyelioness
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:11 PM
So we are looking at a OTTB who cribs and someone told me about the electric crib collars and from what I can tell, they are very similar to our dogs' remote training collars.
Has anyone had experience using the new electric cribbing straps?

Ghazzu
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:26 PM
Just say no.

HunterGirl24
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:15 AM
I have a very heavy cribber and was also suggested a electic collar. I didnt like the idea so i did some research and found a collar called a "Dare Collar"

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=D1289516-BC6F-4134-8134-CE5CA8EA9DF8&item=40092&ccd=IFH003&utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=free&utm_content=40092

It works so well. At first you have to make it a bit tight but within a week you can loosen it and they just wont crib with it on (at least my horse) My horse is extremely bad at cribbing to. you can even hear his sucking in air when you are riding and tacking up. He will even try to crib on your arm if he gets board and your close. But this collar really really works. Its a bit expensive but its well worth a try.

Hope this helped.

lizathenag
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:24 AM
a friend of mine got one for her good horse and it shorted and started shocking him. no one could get near him to get it off.