PDA

View Full Version : Seats Savers

AlexMakowski
Jan. 14, 2010, 05:49 PM
Going to be spending a lot of time in the saddle this spring. Looking to purchase a seat saver, but so many of them have no or minimal protection at the front of the saddle. I found two on Dover's sight, but was hoping for some opinions and personal experiences.

Fellow gentlemen riders; your input would be greatly appreciated!

Mor4ward
Jan. 14, 2010, 07:06 PM
No seat saver is going to "save you".
My friend just got a sheepskin seat saver she swears by, but it's more about seat bones than the family jewels.

A poorly fitting saddle just can't be fixed with an add-on. And BOY, a saddle that's even an inch short can make you see stars!!!
It's analogous to *fixing* a tight and badly-fitting pair of shoes by wearing an extra pair of thick socks.

Ruling that out ... I'll pass along what I used to tell my male students: us guys have a built-in incentive to correctly post the trot - do it right, it's all good. Do it wrong, and you will be immediately reminded of your error!
Be consistent with your position, and they'll find a safe place to stay for the duration. If you're insecure in your seat - that's when you'll be getting those painful reminders to work on it :)

wildlifer
Jan. 14, 2010, 09:43 PM
Well, I am not a guy, just a girl with a bony butt -- but there is nothing better than really fluffy sheepskin!

Another girl chiming in, but I ride in a gel seat saver whenever I am going to be in a saddle more then an hour or so a day. Otherwise the horses are the only ones getting any riding!! and that's not so good for the love life.