PDA

View Full Version : Looking for contacts for Radnor Hunt area farms // Sissy Wickes

fleur de duc
Jan. 14, 2010, 03:53 PM
I know the topic of farms in Radnor hunt/chester county PA has been discussed to death on this board, but I have some specific properties in mind that I cannot find contacts for to save my life! I am trying to find a farm in the Radnor area, as in hacking distance or just a bit off of that. I am hoping I my fellow COTHers may be able to help me.

For those of you around the area,

1. Does anyone know what farm is on the corner of Spring Rd. and Warren Ave. ?? It is a big property with an indoor set back a ways. It has a gate on the drive, and I thought searching here may help me rather than just popping in to see.

2. Another farm I am interested in is Heartwood Farm/Stables on Goshen Rd. If you are coming towards Radnor from RT3 on Providence Rd, made a left onto Goshen and it is the first drive on your left.

3. OakSprings Farm on the corner of Goshen and Providence.

4. On Point Farm on Goshen as well. This I have the 610 356 2414 phone number for. I have called a few times, but their answering machine doesn't let me leave a message, it just disconnects as soon as the recording is over.
______

EDITED TO ADD
5. Sissy Wickes' place on White Horse Rd. Its gorgeous and I'm really interested in getting an email/phone number for it.

______

For those of you in the area, are there any other farms that have open stalls? Both larger and smaller, co-op/self care places alike.

`reppy
Jan. 15, 2010, 07:23 AM
Sent you a PM.

Calling Duck
Jan. 15, 2010, 08:14 AM
Hopefully 'reppy filled you in. But here is a quick overview.

1. farm at Spring/Warren is Maple Leaf Farm. Used to be a TB breeding farm years ago. Was sold to non-horse folk. Facility is leased by jumper rider Lisa Jaquin, BDJ Enterprises 610.695.9977. Don't think it is open to the public. They keep a very low local profile.

2. Heartwood is owned by Esther Gansky. Barn is (610) 353-2264. Manager is Dave. They do take boarders - she prefers foxhunters, but there are some pleasure riders, couple of kids, dressage/event. Gorgeous turnout. Ring is currently closed for the winter. Barn was redone about 2 yrs ago.

3. Oaks Springs Farm. Owner just shut down the boarding business last summer, manager retired. Not sure of the owner's plans for the future, he doesn't NEED to run it as a business. Supposed to be rehabbing the barn, but I'm betting he will not turn it back into a boarding situation.

4. On Point Farm is owned by Janice Murdoch, run by Jimmy sardelli 518.524.1075. They are currently advertising for field boarders. Owner is an eventer, not really running a boarding barn, has one or two outsiders.

5. Ellen McGregor (sp?) has moved into Sissy's place on White Horse Road for the winter as Sissy may have gone South. You might try calling her. Sorry I don't have the number.

Not sure what kind of barn you want, or your price range: but in the Willistown area-

Hi Bid Stables, Goshen Road, run by KC Pancost 610.761.1512. No indoor. Great hacking. They do smaller shows/lessons.

Aliquippa Stables - Boot/Line Roads, Malvern. 443-553-2501, Chris Grant for eventers, Katie Rinda for hunters. They have tons of turn out, and an indoor. They have a website.

Radnor Hunt Club. 610.296.1600. Great hacking. No trainer. Busy barn with the hunting crowd, but they do take outside boarders. Access to the Pony Club rings but you have to pay extra to actually ride in them.

On the "big bucks" end of the scale, there is White Horse Farm right across from Oaks Springs. Sorry I don't have the number. They have an indoor.

if you go on the Radnor Hunt Pony Club website, there are a variety of smaller boarding options listed. I'm not sure how current they are. www.radnorhuntpc.org go to the "Marketplace" section.

Hope this helps.

BigHorseLittleHorse
Jan. 15, 2010, 12:59 PM
also, keep an eye out on craigslist - I see Radnor people advertising boarding there quite often.

lcw579
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:57 PM
Radnor Hunt Pony Club website is up to date. :)

FWIW - the yearly fee to ride in those rings and use the grounds is a bargain and it helps support the only pony club in the country left that owns its own property.

Hlisadb
Jun. 25, 2011, 11:05 AM
Hi, Does anyone have the phone number of White Horse Farm on Goshen & Providence Rd or Sarah Dietz's phone number?

Thank you!

Hlisadb
Jun. 25, 2011, 11:38 AM
Do anyone know of any boarding fac with an indoor close to the Radnor Pony Club? Thanks

lcw579
Jun. 25, 2011, 06:58 PM
It is Sarah Disque and her phone # is 610-952-0648