PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Breeding Judges' Clinic in Wellington

Glenmore
Jan. 14, 2010, 09:23 AM
I am looking for stock to participate in the USEF Hunter Breeding Judges' Clinic being held at the WEF Show grounds on January 24.
Anyone from anywhere (not just Wellington) interested in having their stock participate should contact me. We are looking for Yearlings, Two-Year-Olds, Three-Year-Olds, and Breeding Stock.....Broodmares, Potential Broodmares, and Stallions (any stallions should be accustomed to a horse show atmosphere and well behaved)
Stalls and bedding will be provided. It is not necessary to braid, or clip. We understand that many of the mares are retired and younger animals still just growing up.
Although this is primarially for horses, ponies are also welcome. If interest is strong enough, we will be able to present both.
I understand that there are about 30 potential Judges participating.
I think this is a great opportunity to get our young stock out there.
You can email me at Glenmorepo@aol.com.

M. O'Connor
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:28 AM
Have you posted on the breeding forum?

If you do one in VA down the road, I'd let my youngsters participate in a heartbeat.

I would love to attend, but must decline; we have to do too many other clinics; at $200 each, our household must do four this year to maintain the licenses we already have. Can't add a new one!

chunky munky
Jan. 14, 2010, 12:03 PM
Seems kind of silly to run it in Wellington as opposed to Ocala. It would be a slam dunk to put that together up there. Not much breeding stock in Wellington.

Glenmore
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:58 AM
Yes, I realize that, but the Hunter Judges Clinic is there on the following day and the object was to make it a little easier and more economical for people rather than the way it has been in the past.
Response has been very good. Breeders want to get their stock out there. What a great way to show off future prospects.

M. O'Connor
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:25 AM
Sorry, but the notion of making the clinics economical has me very amused. :lol:

(Ongoing issue--combining clinics is certainly efficient, but the price of the clinics has gone up significantly, to $200/250, from $150/200--there has been NO effort whatsoever to rein in costs for those required to attend, and very little response to queries as to why this is so. I guess that is another topic, and one that few are game to take on--there is some notion, I guess that complaining might be detrimental in some way to those who decide to make waves...).

chunky munky
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:43 AM
My clinic bill gets insane with four cards. I have become aware that many other breeds and disciplines have their ongoing education clinics over the internet. This sounds pretty good to me. It is also disappointing that it appears that they are no longer planning to run clinics in conjunction with the USHJA convention. This helped a bit in the expense department.

Claudius
Jan. 15, 2010, 12:55 PM
Would that be three year olds of 2007 or 2006? (coming four year olds)

Glenmore
Jan. 16, 2010, 08:33 AM
The wheels sometimes turn very slowly. I am not on any of the education committees. but I am trying to encourage change. I agree with you 100% on the cost of Clinics.
Although the USEF runs the Clinics, the USHJA prepares the material and outlines on how they are run and then presents it to the USEF. The USEF then organizes operates the Clinics. This is what you call the bureaucratic maze.
Requests for change have been presented and are (hopefully) in the works.
With 2 organizations involved, the procedures are, unfortunately, sometimes (usually) complicated.
I am only a member of these organizations. I joined the AHSA some 50+ years ago, and I have learned that is is one small step at a time. The Hunter Breed Judges Clinic is at the same place this time. PLEASE help me make is a success so we can see more changes down the road.
I think there should be a much reduced fee for those going for a number of cards. I think that Hunter Judges should hold a Breed Judges Card (even if they don't intend to make it a part of their judging career). And, I don't think that any of us ever have all the answers.
I welcome any and all suggestions. My email is in my original post.