PDA

View Full Version : underwaer question

luckydog
Jan. 13, 2010, 05:45 PM
what kind of underwear do you wear so you dont get ugly lines in britches? Please dont all tell me you wear thongs? that feels so terrible there must be another solution.

luckydog
Jan. 13, 2010, 05:49 PM
oops typo!!! underwear

Kestrel
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hanky Pankys. http://www.hankypanky.com/

Most. Comfortable. Ever.

They call them thongs, but they aren't really. They don't "go there", they stay where you put them.

JBCool
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:13 PM
Try microfiber boy shorts. The leg lines are below your butt so you don't see them. A slick-ish material will slide against the breeches, too, and reduce rubbing. Try to avoid the tacky-ish material; it's not comfy [shudder] on hot, damp skin... ;)

Wayside
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:15 PM
For me, I can wear regular cotton undies and not get panty lines as long as the fit is just right. Even a little too small or too large, and that's when the panty lines seem to show.

Equus_girl
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:21 PM
Hm, I am guilty of riding in thongs before I found this specific piece of VS underwear :)
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EH-234712&cgname=OSKEYPTYZZZ&rfnbr=1938

They are the best and do not show even under my thin white dressage show breeches. There are no lines whatsoever.

The Centaurian
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:30 PM
There was an article about this in COTH just the other day:

http://chronofhorse.com/article/what%E2%80%99s-under-your-breeches

I wear any brand that says "seamless" but if it's not too hot, pantyhose work best.

EquineRacers
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:41 PM
honestly, I wear nothing. Its just too much of a pain in the ***.

Beau Cheval
Jan. 13, 2010, 07:06 PM
STOP the madness!!!! Just wear some nice bikini underwear. I've never understood the panty line drama. Personally, I if your underwear fit properly (i.e. not too tight) panty lines shouldn't be a big problem with nice, thin underwear. Everyone wears it. (well, not anymore, but it's NORMAL to wear underwear)

As a volleyball player and horseback rider (you've all seen volleyball players, right? Spandex? a.k.a. butt cheeks hanging out for some of the classier ladies)

If you wear a thong, we can tell. I would much rather know that you're wearing nice, conservative, normal underwear than have to watch your butt jiggle as you trot away. You can tell if you're wearing a thong, and no matter how skinny you are, it is NOT a good look. A bunch of girls on my volleyball team wear thongs, and YOU CAN TELL.

Wear bikini underwear made from thin fabric. I wear normal, bikini underwear, and I have never felt the need to do anything other than that.

NORMAL UNDERWEAR.

ETA: my trainer formally banned thongs. Not a good look ladies.

CosMonster
Jan. 13, 2010, 07:51 PM
UnderArmor underwear is the best. It's like $20 a pair but no chafing, no bunching up and no panty lines even under my super thin schooling tights. Of course I personally have trouble spending $20 for a pair of underwear so I only have 2 pairs that were gifts. Riding at home I don't care about panty lines, though, so it's not too bad. :lol:

Otherwise, just making sure your breeches and underwear both fit properly is best IME.

Treasmare2
Jan. 13, 2010, 07:56 PM
Underarmour (the bike style) and they are 39.00 per pair here but alas, they are worth it I guess and do last for a long time.

Daventry
Jan. 13, 2010, 08:04 PM
How about not wearing a pair of breeches that are skin tight! Panty lines don't show if your underwear and breeches (and pants for that matter) fit properly!

HunterJumperLuv
Jan. 13, 2010, 10:35 PM
Random Sidenote..

Did anyone else see the ad on the side of the forums/CoTH pages.. for "Cotton lined 'commando' friendly crotch" britches?

Really?

pattnic
Jan. 13, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hanky Pankys. http://www.hankypanky.com/

Most. Comfortable. Ever.

They call them thongs, but they aren't really. They don't "go there", they stay where you put them.

It looks like these are the same as the VS "Lacie" underwear:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/onlineProductDisplay.vs?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=EH-250812&cgname=OSKEYPTYZZZ&rfnbr=8669

Which you can get at Target for about $4.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Jan. 14, 2010, 12:46 AM
Boy shorts. Microfibers that slide and the leg line hides in the folds at the hip bend anyway.

Plus if you get cut out of your britches by an EMT you're wearing something.

Segovia
Jan. 14, 2010, 12:55 AM
I used to ride in a thong to avoid VPL, but gave up on that one in favor of bikini cut underwear -- to avoid the VPL with the non-thong underwear, I wear Spanx or a thicker nylon pantyhose under my breeches. The extra layer between the underwear and my breeches does the trick!

weasel1088
Jan. 14, 2010, 01:42 AM
so what about the guys....seems like a WHOLE nother issue eh?

Segovia
Jan. 14, 2010, 01:52 AM
so what about the guys....seems like a WHOLE nother issue eh?

Boxer-briefs! They're practically like Spanx (without the tummy tucking powers), no? :)

weasel1088
Jan. 14, 2010, 03:02 AM
Boxer-briefs! They're practically like Spanx (without the tummy tucking powers), no? :)

yea, depends on the kind though. some are snugger than others, the looser ones are no better than boxers.

i like underarmor, or other tightfitting compression shorts...:cool:

Ozone
Jan. 14, 2010, 10:16 AM
Thongs.. I only wear thongs for every day, showing, riding whatever - that's all I wear. I don;t even own a pair of granny pannys! :) I don't even notice it!

missamandarose
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:21 AM
Seriously, these:
http://www.hanes.com/Hanes/Products/Women-Hanes/Women_ShopByCategory-Hanes/Women_Panties-Hanes/21835.aspx

I believe these are the ones I got at Target (if not, I know it was a Hanes product). They look teeny tiny out of the package (like, for maybe a 5 year old), but have so much stretch, they fit perfectly and are amazingly comfortable. No pinching or digging into skin, and I find they don't ride up at all. Love them.

trubandloki
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:34 AM
oops typo!!! underwear

More important than the topic at hand. OP, you can edit your original post and fix your spelling error. :yes: No need to make another post.

eclipse
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:44 AM
I too wear a thong....but I also wear a thong everyday not just for riding. I really don't give a flying fig if you can see panty lines or not, I just find them more comfortable. Now, under white breeches, it's a whole different ball game. They are not flattering to start off with (white never is), so I wear my standard thong, & cover them up with full leg flesh coloured spanks (to smooth & suck in the lumps & bumps).....whites are see-through ladies.....cover it up!!! (I have no urge to see your leopard print undies) :lol: :eek:

quiet5
Jan. 14, 2010, 12:36 PM
to go without underwear given the unpredictability of the horse/rider combination.

I've seen riders split their breeches in the show ring -- never a pretty sight for all involved, but I cannot imagine the mortification that would ensue if those riders had gone "commando" those days.

I use the boy brief stretch style you get at Target: 5 bucks for 3 or something.