PDA

View Full Version : Adding knee rolls to a butet?

Beau Cheval
Jan. 13, 2010, 04:18 PM
Hi everyone,

So I have a 2004 (like, the flattest year of the century) butet. Flat seat, no blocks. It's pretty much a pimped out PDN lol. FLAT.

I *might* hopefully be doing some eventing this summer, but regardless, I think that I should add pencil knee rolls to my saddle, which can be done, or so I've been told. I've noticed that in this saddle, my knees tend to come away from the saddle, a problem I have never had before. (I used to, in fact, have the opposite problem: i pinched with my knees). I am sure that this is a case of overcorrecting in large part, but do you think knee rolls would be a good addition regardless?

Should I have bevals do this?

How much?

Thanks

vbunny
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:09 PM
(864) 370-3143 David Young, Greenville, SC.

Call him and chat about it. He put calf blocks on my (gasp) Hermes with Velcro so I can move them of take them out or whatever I want. They are great.

Pony Soprano
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:17 PM
I had an extremely flat 99' Butet that was basically refurbished last year at Bevals. I had a new seat, knee rolls, and panels put on (it does not have blocks). It was $1200 for everything and they had it for about 2 weeks. That sounds like a lot of money, but it feels and looks like an entirely new saddle. It had not been well cared for and was cracked and hard. The knee rolls, which had previously felt concave now are plush give you something to put your leg against. This went from a saddle that I would avoid having to ride in to being my regular ride.

Beau Cheval
Jan. 14, 2010, 10:12 PM
bumpp

M. O'Connor
Jan. 15, 2010, 11:37 AM
On a saddle of that quality, I would suggest you simply sell it, and purchase something else.