PDA

View Full Version : Ebay shoppers -- what do you think?

sweetpea
Jan. 13, 2010, 03:01 PM
Okay I am getting ready to go South and I need breeches. I always wanted the Supremes of TS . Ever bought from this seller???? What do you think??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tailored-Sportsman-Supreme-LR-28-R-tan-Great-Cond_W0QQitemZ270514796594QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item3efbf03832#ht_500wt_945

TrakeGirl
Jan. 13, 2010, 03:46 PM
I would probably buy from this vendor.

I avoid sellers with less than 20 feedbacks or ones with more than usual negative feedback. This person has 150+ feedback and 100% are positive.

Also, if you click on his/her name...you can see he/she has been ID verified. That would make me more confident as well.

I would pay only with PayPal though so you are covered just in case.

Jump Start
Jan. 13, 2010, 04:53 PM
I really liked the looks of these but when I tried them you have a real girly figure to wear them . They run small waist bigger in the hips. Either than that really nice!

paintlady
Jan. 13, 2010, 05:00 PM
I haven't bought from this seller, but I do buy/sell on eBay. As TrakeGirl already stated, they have a very good feedback rating. I always look for that too. I, personally, would not have an issue buying from this seller. eBay also requires PayPal now, so you've got that added protection too.

Happy Bidding!

Movin Artfully
Jan. 13, 2010, 05:19 PM
I don't know this particular seller.

You might note that in spite of a very good feedback score- their last "seller" feedback was left in 2008. This would still not dissuade me from bidding if I was interested BUT I would ask lots of questions!

As one buyer stated...since Paypal is safe/safe. You have little to risk in the way of not getting the package. But it's always better to ask to make sure you know what you are getting!

Is it from a smoking/pet free home? Any loose stitches anywhere? How large are the "slight color marks" and where are they located? Have the tags been cut out? and the big one...HAVE THEY BEEN SHRUNK AT ALL IN THE WASHER?

Other things you might just simply note..."I only showed in these and I only show four times per year"...how many years have you had them? And were your shows one day...or two weeks in length ;)

Good luck!

EquineRacers
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:00 PM
I don't like the "no return policy" they have on them. What if they don't fit or you don't like the quality, then you can't return them. I would pass.

Romany
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:09 PM
Don't forget you can also check the "real" feedback for anyone on Ebay at www.toolhaus.org - it catches ALL the neutral and negative feedback, not just the more recent stuff.

Can be quite enlightening sometimes! ;)

sweetpea
Jan. 13, 2010, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the advice - But when I tried on the supremes they were so comfy compared to the 2- ways. Do many ebay sellers offer returns on used stuff??

paintlady
Jan. 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
I don't like the "no return policy" they have on them. What if they don't fit or you don't like the quality, then you can't return them. I would pass.

Probably 90% of the sellers on eBay (myself included) have a "no return policy." I'm just an individual - not a store - selling off things I no longer need to make some cash.

paintlady
Jan. 13, 2010, 09:16 PM
Do many ebay sellers offer returns on used stuff??

NO

Lucassb
Jan. 13, 2010, 09:23 PM

Very few Ebay sellers allow returns, particularly on used items from private sellers (and the prices reflect that.) Supreme hunters retail for over $200; the buy it now price is close to half off, and they'll quite possibly sell for well under that.

I buy and sell a lot on Ebay and agree with those who say that the positive feedback would make me comfortable with this seller, particularly with the additional protections offered by paypal.

citydog
Jan. 13, 2010, 09:27 PM
If you want a return option and a sure thing go to a store (and pay the full price). There's a reason things go cheaply on eBay.

She's got lots of good feedback. Ask any questions you may have, including specific measurements of the garment before you bid. If they don't work out, just sell them yourself.

woops
Jan. 14, 2010, 10:27 PM
:lol::lol::lol:I used to sell here on the classified section - but i thought I would do ebay . By the way they have not shrunk and the discoloration is as so unnoticeable. I just feel obligated to tell every little thing -- that is why I have 100% feedback!!
These really are nice -- hope someone from here get's them.

Ozone
Jan. 15, 2010, 09:02 AM
HAHA that's funny that Woops is the owner! I guess problem is solved :)

woops
Jan. 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
I am the one that has these breeches listed and they didn't sell-- what am I doing wrong?? These are in excellent condition. Any suggestions??

superpony123
Jan. 18, 2010, 07:44 PM
I am the one that has these breeches listed and they didn't sell-- what am I doing wrong?? These are in excellent condition. Any suggestions??

it says "reserve not met" -- that means that you set a reserve price on them when you created the listing, meaning that you are unwilling to sell them until they meet X price (your reserve) so lets say that you set a reserve of 100$. if the bids didnt reach 100$, then they are not sold.

Lucassb
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:12 PM
You may be able to re-list them without paying additional fees - check the ebay rules. They used to offer a second opportunity to sell them without incurring more cost, but I haven't sold anything in a while so do double check to make sure.

One thing you can do is search the completed listings for similar items to see what they've sold for in the past. You may find your reserve price was unrealistic. (Or you may find that it is right in the ball park.) You can then re-price if necessary.

With the new TS products coming out at lower price points, it's getting harder to sell used items at the $$$$ they used to bring. I can get the newest TS breeches with the euro seat etc for around $150 at my local Beval store, which makes it hard to justify spending more than $100 on a pair of used ones, even if they are Supremes that originally sold for over $200.

woops
Jan. 19, 2010, 03:23 AM
Last I knew the Pro Fabric was 230 or so, and the cotton euros don't hold up. But I did relist and lowered the buy it now to 125.00. .

Lucassb
Jan. 19, 2010, 09:42 AM
Last I knew the Pro Fabric was 230 or so, and the cotton euros don't hold up. But I did relist and lowered the buy it now to 125.00. .

They are the brand new version of the Trophy Hunters... nice four way stretch microfiber fabric, very similar to the Pikeur Ciara breeches but at half the price.

http://www.beval.com/Products/Tailored-Sportsman-Trophy-Hunter-Schooler-Front-Zip-Breeches/3222016.aspx