PDA

View Full Version : A Little Introduction and Possibly a Critique [? ;) ]

TheBrownHorse
Jan. 13, 2010, 11:54 AM
Hello everyone! I've been a lurker for a long time, I was registered under EventingRed back in 04 or 05 but have since sold the red horse and bought my Brown Horse otherwise known as Shorty.

I'm 19 years old and compete in the Jumpers on the "A" circuit with my boy. I just recently sold my first OTTB retraining project, Scarlett.

I'd love to get to know you all better, so introduce yourself! I want to hear about your horses and pictures are always welcome.

Ok, and the pictures.... I LOVE showing off my boy. I bought him as a 5 year old and he's now 7. He's a Holsteiner (dam: Gerda 1 and sire: Runaway).

Shorty and I schooling at home--
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2206400&l=df518e3eb1&id=595222765

In the Childrens Hunters at Pebble back in.. 08?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=651247&l=829716f003&id=595222765

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=651248&l=cb7f20dab6&id=595222765

In the Jumpers at Woodside in... 08 I think http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=735201&l=4adb4a3564&id=595222765

That's all for now. Please introduce yourself!

Take care,

Rachel

Runinonjoy
Jan. 13, 2010, 06:51 PM
Definitely no critique from me… I think you and Shorty look great! Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

blackcat95
Jan. 13, 2010, 07:00 PM
Hey, welcome to COTH!!! Be forewarned, you WILL become addicted. :) I'm blackcat95, former lurker as well. It's nice to be out in the open, isn't it?

No critiques from me either- Shorty is adorable and I LOVE your auto release!! GM would be proud!

KateKat
Jan. 13, 2010, 08:14 PM
Shorty is too cute, I think you guys look great! Where in CA are you? I'm in Sacramento.

TheBrownHorse
Jan. 13, 2010, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

I'm in the North Bay (Santa Rosa area). Do you ever show at Murrieta? I think we're going there for the Northern Winter Classic (perhaps, gotta pick out my shows for this season!)

LudgerFan
Jan. 13, 2010, 10:36 PM
Boy, he sure looks like his daddy in that first photo! Wow!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Jan. 13, 2010, 10:44 PM
Hey... you've made your way here too.

I read more than I post here, but we're not all strangers. :-)

indygirl2560
Jan. 13, 2010, 10:58 PM
Hi! Welcome to Coth! Your horse is gorgeous!

I'm in the North Bay (Santa Rosa area). Do you ever show at Murrieta? I think we're going there for the Northern Winter Classic (perhaps, gotta pick out my shows for this season!)
I'll be there! =)

HunterGirl24
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:20 AM
I just joined too! I was a lurker for a good 6 months lol. Its great to know someone my age comes on these things as well. I am 19 I live in NJ. I do hunters as well. I would kill to have your release though. I cant break my creast release habits. Your horse is georgous and you are an amazing rider too. I have a 15.3 hand quarter horse i do hunters on. I know ppl dont usually think quarter horse as hunters but he is very very fancy I assure you. And he is also a string halt surviver which makes him more important to me. When I figure out how to post pictures I defently will post one of him. Wish you and your horse all the best for the up coming show year!

Parrotnutz
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:27 AM
I just joined too! I was a lurker for a good 6 months lol. Its great to know someone my age comes on these things as well. I am 19 I live in NJ. I do hunters as well. I would kill to have your release though. I cant break my creast release habits. Your horse is georgous and you are an amazing rider too. I have a 15.3 hand quarter horse i do hunters on. I know ppl dont usually think quarter horse as hunters but he is very very fancy I assure you. And he is also a string halt surviver which makes him more important to me. When I figure out how to post pictures I defently will post one of him. Wish you and your horse all the best for the up coming show year!

Hay Hunter girl...I am a fellow QH owner/rider...also in NJ. Where are you boarding? I am much older than you but love meeting other QH people.
Also welcome to all the newbies.
And OP your horse is a beauty and no critique form me either!

jackandlily
Jan. 14, 2010, 02:12 PM
I'm also mostly a lurker, also from HC (recognize the horse, he's beautiful). Good luck with the show season.

KateKat
Jan. 14, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

I'm hoping to start showing but am no where near your level! If we're ever at a show together I'll probably be the one in the crossrails class with the 8 year olds, getting my a** handed to me LOL!

TheBrownHorse
Jan. 14, 2010, 08:20 PM
:D Thank you all for the compliments on my boy, I'll pass them on to him with lots and lots of carrots.

Smile-- Nice to see you around! How are your boys doing?

Playing Games
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:46 PM
No critiques from me either- Shorty is adorable and I LOVE your auto release!! GM would be proud!

Ditto!

TheBrownHorse
Jan. 16, 2010, 01:10 PM
Thank You! He was AWESOME yesterday, hopefully my mom will get some good pictures of us in my lesson today!