PDA

View Full Version : First USEA/USEF HT in Area2 (NC) opens today (Mdn-P, FEH, YEH)!

lecoeurtriste
Jan. 12, 2010, 03:42 PM
The 6th annual Spring Horse Trials at the Ark (Feb. 27-28 near Charlotte, NC) opens today, offering Maiden, BegNovice, Novice, Novice/Training, Training, Preliminary/Training, and Preliminary. We also plan to hold the FEH and YEH classes on Feb. 26.

In preparation for the new year, all cross country tracks have been redone by John Williams (see the maps with distances and times on the website); each level is now a good beginning of the year course. In addition to the new tracks, the farm owner purchased a commercial Agrivator in the fall, and the entire property was properly aerated and seeded in October (and will be agrivated again prior to the event). [To give an idea about how improved the footing is, we were able to run a schooling HT this past weekend when the temperatures for both that day and the preceding week hovered between 15 and 32 degrees!] It's simply the best it's ever been!

We are also planning our usual free competitors' party/dinner and raffle on Saturday night, and invite riders to participate in the Waxhaw Tack Exchange Across the Levels Team Challenge (3-4 riders at different levels on the same team). And if that isn't enough, we offer the lowest entry and stabling fees in the state, permanent stabling and restrooms, on-site showers, dedicated RV hook-ups, and the friendliest volunteers/staff anywhere! :-)

www.whynotanamericanark.com

casemonster
Jan. 14, 2010, 10:43 AM
I'm sending in my entry today for the 3 year old FEH class. Thanks for hosting these classes at all your events.

It's hard to believe Tibby will be 3 this year.

casemonster

eventer_mi
Jan. 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
Planning on coming! Yeehaw!

roki143
Jan. 15, 2010, 01:07 PM
Just registered... Yay for the first event of the year!

And can I just say how much improved the footing was at the fall event?! It felt WONDERFUL. Now let's hope I don't have a brainfart at the 3rd to last jump this time. :)

ThirdCharm
Jan. 15, 2010, 02:45 PM
Oooh FEH. I have a yearling and two 3 yo's..... though the 3 yo filly needs to be completely remuscled b4 appearing in a halter class (very trackie looking OTTB!)...... hmm wonder if I can do that in a month and a half.

And my 6 yo will be making her RECOGNIZED Training debut....

Jennifer

Fallbrook
Jan. 15, 2010, 02:58 PM
Abbey,

If you run FEH on Friday, will it be in the afternoon?

My 3 year old is looking good, but behaving badly and I can't handle the stress of loading the little booger at 4 am at my advanced age :-)

lecoeurtriste
Jan. 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
The FEH timeframe is completely dependent on entries (I know, not the answer you were looking for!). In the past, we've begun the YEH in-hand inspections around 9am, and can do 4-6 horses an hour. The FEH in-hand would then begin between 10-11am. Depending on entries, we may be able to run it in the afternoon...but because the YEH have to do 3 "events", it makes more sense to put the FEH in-between the in-hand and dressage. Don't forget that stabling is also only $40/night including 2 bags of shavings if you want to drive up after work on Thursday to get settled.

That said, I want to make it a good experience for everyone, and will do what I can to be accommodating. :-)

lecoeurtriste
Jan. 15, 2010, 05:58 PM
And can I just say how much improved the footing was at the fall event?! It felt WONDERFUL. Now let's hope I don't have a brainfart at the 3rd to last jump this time. :)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping spread the word!! The farm owner has been trying so very hard this last year to make the footing better! Fingers crossed that mother nature cooperates this year!

:-D

lecoeurtriste
Jan. 16, 2010, 07:52 PM
Don't forget to send in team requests for the Across the Levels Team Challenge--any 3-4 riders of different levels can be on a team together to win great prizes donated by Waxhaw Tack Exchange.

pegasusmom
Jan. 17, 2010, 06:52 AM
Wish, on so many levels, that we were coming. The Ark puts on a great event and we have always enjoyed ourselves tremendously there!

roki143
Jan. 17, 2010, 12:17 PM
Regarding the Team Challenge:

Anyone interested in having a COTH scramble team?

eventer_mi
Jan. 18, 2010, 10:55 AM
Regarding the Team Challenge:

Anyone interested in having a COTH scramble team?

I'll join, but I've got to warn you - do you really want me? :D This is the redhead's first time out at a recognized show, EVER. He's been doing quite well at the unrec. stuff (won his last show with a dressage of 27), but he hasn't been out in a while!

So, if you'll have me, I'll be your BN member!

roki143
Jan. 18, 2010, 11:56 AM
I'll join, but I've got to warn you - do you really want me? :D This is the redhead's first time out at a recognized show, EVER. He's been doing quite well at the unrec. stuff (won his last show with a dressage of 27), but he hasn't been out in a while!

So, if you'll have me, I'll be your BN member!

Sounds good! It's all about the fun for me, since my horse and I can't seem to have good "brain-days" at the same time. :)

Now we just need 1-2 others... any takers?