PDA

View Full Version : Hadfields Paddock Boots

tBHj
Jan. 12, 2010, 01:43 AM
http://www.runningfox.com/productgroupdetail.php?id=82

Does anyone have them? What is the quality like? Are they easy to break in? Any other comments?

TIA :)

tBHj
Jan. 12, 2010, 01:44 AM
And what about Dehner paddock boots?

http://www.runningfox.com/productgroupdetail.php?id=69

merry98
Jan. 12, 2010, 07:35 AM
Skip the Hadfields. I love their bridlework, but the paddock boots -- not so much.

Dehners are good quality. Seem to hold up well. Good support.

Hattie
Jan. 12, 2010, 09:34 AM
I have had my Hadfields for 5 years and love them. In fact, when I fell off my horse and broke both of my legs(above the ankles), I had a friend take them off before the paramedics could cut them off - I love them that much.

B.E.E.
Jan. 12, 2010, 09:51 AM
I love love love mine (Hadfields). I have had them for about a year and a half now and they look almost brand new. I ride a lot, and in general put a lot of work on them, but they don't wear down. The leather quality is quite nice. They fit me better than most other brands as well. I have long, narrow feet and skinny ankles so I usually have had to buy laced boots in the past. The elastics beside the zippers on these are good quality and have not lost their stretch, so the boots are still nice and fitted at the top. I recommend them to anyone that asks me! I have no real experience with the Dehners, but they were too loose around the ankle for me.

NYCGIRL
Jan. 12, 2010, 09:55 AM
Hadfield boots are great AND SO EASY TO BREAK IN!!!!! They are great quality and are extreamly comfortable.

BAC
Jan. 12, 2010, 10:03 AM
Our local tack shop sells Hadfields paddock boots and I think they are gorgeous, very beautiful, soft leather. Unfortunately they don't fit me very well, the foot seems to be cut somewhat more narrow than other brands. I would definitely buy them if they had fit me, the leather appears that it would be fairly easy to break in IMO. They seem to have nice sturdy zippers too.

nelson
Jan. 12, 2010, 12:54 PM
I have Hadfields' paddock boots and I love them. I have had them for about 7 months, so they are not very old. But, they still look brand new at this point. They were easy to break in and are very nice.

I have had Dehner's in the past, and I love them too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

Good luck

monalisa
Jan. 12, 2010, 01:16 PM
I have had both Dehner's and Hadfields. I like them both, but they fit differently. I have skinny feet and ankles and most brands don't fit me and I prefer zip up boots so these are the only 2 kinds on the market that I can wear that I have found anyway.

The Hadfield's wear well. I am into year 3 with mine and I have had no problems with them at all.

The Dehner's are a bit strange though. I have owned a few pairs over the years and if you order the same size, sometimes they just don't fit. The Dehner's don't come up as high on the ankles either. I would not buy a pair of Dehner's unless I could try them on first.

But I love my Hadfield's too.

dmacaramel
Jan. 12, 2010, 09:43 PM
I love my Hadfield's paddock boots. They are great quality, the zippers last and easy to break in. I have had mine for over 4 years and I ride a bunch everyday and I have to admit I do not take the best care of them. They still polish up really well.

tBHj
Jan. 12, 2010, 09:55 PM
The website says to get proper size, subtract one and a half sizes from your North American footware size.

Does that mean if I am a 7.5 in Ariat I would be a 6.5 in Hadfields?

DMK
Jan. 12, 2010, 10:05 PM
love my hadfields, they were the only possible thing better than my Kroops.

Pony Soprano
Jan. 13, 2010, 02:07 PM
I have Dehners and really like them. I wear them usually 5 days a week for most of the day. I just had them resoled after a year, and now they look brand new again.

Callison
Jan. 13, 2010, 03:27 PM
I've had my Hadfield's for probably almost 10 years. They are still in excellent shape other than the normal wear on the toes. I would not hesitate to purchase another pair when/if these were to ever go.