PDA

View Full Version : Equ rules question

mroades
Jan. 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
I have been out of the equ loop for a couple of years...can a kid do the THIS childrens medal and the 3'6" medals??

hj0519
Jan. 11, 2010, 09:46 PM
As long as they haven't competed in one of the 3'6 finals, yes.

http://www.ryegate.com/NCM/ncm_qual.htm

Open to all Junior members of the USEF and Equine Canada who have never competed in a National Equitation Final with fences at 3'6" (i.e.; USEF Medal; ASPCA Maclay; USET; Equine Canada Finals; WIHS Equitation).

To be shown over a minimum of eight fences 2'9" to 3' in height, spread not to exceed fence height. The course may be either a Jumper or Hunter type course and must include at least two changes of direction and a combination. Water obstacles (i.e.; water jump, liverpool) are not permitted. The top four riders are required to perform at least two individual tests from USEF Tests 1-19. An Open Numerical Scoring System must be used in the first round, with each rider's score announced at the completion of their round. There is no minimum requirement to fill the class.

Approximately thirty riders will be invited to compete in the finals and will be chosen as follows; the high point rider in each of the regional series will be invited, along with additional riders working from the top down on the National Standings list for the qualifying period. Any unfilled slots will be chosen by continuing down the National Standings list. There will be no entry fee for the finals.

Peggy
Jan. 12, 2010, 02:14 AM
And you can compete in the THIS finals and then do the remaining 3'6" finals in the same year. At least you could this and previous years.