PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to the PA horse expo?

minuspride
Jan. 11, 2010, 01:13 PM
It's in February and just looking for some advice on who to see and who you are going to see and what they'll be teaching.

baylady7
Jan. 11, 2010, 01:36 PM
I intend to go with my BF and some friends, but have never been there before. Did attend the one in MD several times. Sat is a zoo- best if u can go during the week. Tons of beginners asking goofy questions during demos and clinics. I bring a back pack for gveaways and return address labels to enter drawings and for mailing lists. Dress in layers since the temps vary.

minuspride
Jan. 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
I'm looking forward to Colleen Kelly but I'm not sure who else. I'm taking the boyfriend too. I went once before and it was on Saturday and was definitely crowded :)
Thanks for the layer advice. I always think of that when I go to stuff like that but then when it comes around next year, I just forget it.

CoopsZippo
Jan. 11, 2010, 03:14 PM
I may go I am not sure. It has gone down hill the last few years.

If I do it will be a thursday or Friday. I will take off work to go.

matryoshka
Jan. 11, 2010, 10:28 PM
I'm going to the MD Expo. On Saturday. I'm booked for trims the rest of the days, and I want to see the driving clinics. I've got a 2 yo pony (will turn three this summer) that I plan to start under saddle and then have her trained to drive.

Also, I like to sit in the side saddles and plan to ask a few more questions about it than I did last year.

Scot Hansen usually has some interesting presentations for trail riders.

minuspride
Jan. 13, 2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the info! I will have to check Scot Hansen out.