PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to MSEDA?

CookiePony
Jan. 11, 2010, 11:40 AM
Either the annual meeting, the educational sessions, the awards luncheon, or the Gala?

I am expecting to see Auburn and FoxChaser... how about riderboy? Gryhrs? Fence2Fence? DLee?

The Gala will be a blast and it is for a very good cause:

Anyone who has stood out under the blazing sun in the dressage complex at the Kentucky Horse Park will appreciate a project to redesign and renovate the area. The Mid South Dressage and Eventing Association announced their commitment of funds raised at their Gala Celebration to this improvement at the park.

"While the footing in the rings is great, and it can be a very user-friendly space, it is a bit stark. We are pleased to be working with the Kentucky Horse Park Foundation to renovate this area with trees, spectator viewing areas and other amenities." said Christine Brown, VP of Eventing for MSEDA and USEA Area VIII Chairman. At this point, professional designers of equestrian facilities are working from a wish list that was compiled by organizers, competitors and horse park staff. The final plan will be presented at the MSEDA's Gala Celebration - The Infield Revealed.

The KHP Foundation is a tax-exempt vehicle for funds raised in the private sector to be utilized at the park. The park relies on the Foundation's efforts for many of the improvements and equipment at the park, rather than state funding. When asked about their efforts, Stanley Wiggs, past President of MSEDA, said, "Our association will only benefit by these improvements since MSEDA hosts two competitions at the park and our members compete there on a regular basis. We want to help the park with these renovations that will last long after the World Equestrian Games have come and gone."

The Gala Celebration will be held Saturday, February 6, 2010 at the Marriott Griffin Gate in Lexington, Kentucky. In 2009, the group's Gala Celebration raised funds for the KHP Foundation to use towards renovation to the stabling at the park. The evening boasts an excellent catered meal, dancing and an extensive Live and Silent Auction. The Gala's weekend also offers educational seminars with national speakers as well as the association's ever-popular awards luncheon. This year's speakers will be Abigail Lufkin and Heather Blitz.

For more information, please visit the MSEDA website at www.mseda.org (http://www.mseda.org%20/)

mtnmomma
Jan. 11, 2010, 12:18 PM
I'm going but am debating attending the Gala. It is expensive but surely worth it. However, the whole weekend-lectures, Gala, meeting, awards luncheon would come to 150.00 plus for me 2 nights in a motel. I might skip the gala and drive down very early Sat. am.

DLee
Jan. 11, 2010, 12:38 PM
We are not in town that weekend. :( Hopefully it's not quite as eventful as last year's during the ice storm!

CookiePony
Jan. 17, 2010, 10:10 AM
I am sorry to miss meeting you *again*, DLee. :( But I will be happy to see mtnmomma!

Auburn
Jan. 17, 2010, 06:44 PM
Yep. My DH and I will be there. We just returned from the Area8 banquet at the Columbus Zoo.

Gryhrs got an award, but was not there to receive it.

Stuert Pittman gave a great presentation about a program that he has started in Maryland, to learn about training OTTB's. He is really trying to get more folks interested in adopting/buying from the track.

Cathy Weischhoff gave out the awards in record time. Tess and I came away with some awards and some 2010 entries from the auction, at a reduced price. :D:D Lisa, Thank you for not out bidding me!

CP,
See you in two weeks. It will be so nice to finally meet you. :)

JFS
Jan. 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
So does that mean that I will be seeing you at Winona in teh spring?

Jackie

Auburn
Jan. 18, 2010, 08:24 AM
JFS,
I still have to decide whether to use it at Winona or the BN Championships at Stonegate. Yes, I know that I can do both. ;) Since Stonegate is just after the AEC's, I am worried about driving to GA, then up to Ohio.

CP,

Sorry about hijacking your thread. Will you be going to the seminars and Gala at MSEDA?

Gryhrs
Jan. 18, 2010, 09:19 AM
Would love to go but don't think it is going to work out. Would love to hear Abigail's talk - Lord knows I need to learn how to mange my mental game....and in more than just my riding :) Sorry we will miss you!