PDA

View Full Version : De-Humidifiers in LQs?

JollyBadger
Jan. 10, 2010, 09:20 PM
Okay, it's really freakin' cold out so I don't see a horse-camping trip in my immediate future, but now is a good time to be planning for the first trip of 2010.

Does anyone know of small dehumidifiers, to keep too much condensation from forming on the ceiling of the living quarters overnight (and occasionally dripping on the occupants)?

The ones I've found have all been roughly the size of a small college-dorm-sized fridge. That might work okay in a basement, not so much when you're spending a week in weekender-package living quarters where space is already limited.

Thoughts or ideas?

Guilherme
Jan. 10, 2010, 10:32 PM
It might be easier to put an insulating material on the metal ceiling and stop the condensation that way. I'm sure the folks at Lowes or Home Depot would have something that would work.

I've never seen any small format dehumidifiers.

G.

JollyBadger
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:39 PM
It might be easier to put an insulating material on the metal ceiling and stop the condensation that way. I'm sure the folks at Lowes or Home Depot would have something that would work.

I've never seen any small format dehumidifiers.

G.

That's an interesting idea. . .hadn't thought of that.

It might also provide some added cushioning, since I have a tendency to bump my head on the ceiling when getting into or out of bed.:lol: