PDA

View Full Version : beval LTD2 bridle sizing (sorry, another bridle thread!)

superpony123
Jan. 10, 2010, 10:09 PM
sorry, another bridle thread.

bought a smarpak harwich bridle for a mare i had on trial earlier in the month, bought it literally the night before we were supposed to sign! of course, just my luck, that deal fell through. kept the bridle in hopes it would fit the future horse.

so, that horse is here (and he's officially mine now, phew) and... that harwich bridle does not fit!! i purchased it in a cob size because i was told harwichs run fairly large, and i was buying this for a very dainty headed 15.2 mare (and the horse i have now is a 16.1 gelding, whos head is still refined, but not quite dainty...)

so the noseband on the harwich is also too wide for his face, and i think he needs something a tad less. noticed bevals is having 40% off on their LTD2s. my predicament is that my trainer has several different brands (but no bevals) of horse size bridles, and so far they are all much too big! :sadsmile: i know that if i get a harwich in a horse size, it's going to be too big also. ugh. so i am wondering how the beval ones size up??

ETA

horse is a 16-16.1 hh TB, refined and 'classic tb' type. i wouldnt say he has a dainty head though (that was the mare from before). just refined.

Jersey Fresh
Jan. 10, 2010, 10:57 PM
why not go to Beval's website and look at the size chart? In my experience, their horse size fits "normal" size heads.

SkipChange
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:02 PM
I hate bridles that are too big. I always buy cob sized halters. I got the Beval LTD padded in horse size and it honestly fits through the brow, nose, cheek pieces really well. I punched holes to raise the noseband higher (I have to do that on nearly every bridle on a variety of horses). The ONLY thing that is too long is the throatlatch, which i hope to shorten eventually. It fits my horse in a 3-ring, D-ring, loose ring, and full cheek. Which I love, his other bridles ("horse" size) can't accommodate the 3-ring, the cheek pieces are usually too long. Love the bridle on him!

Here's a picture of it oiled, although it has darkened more since this picture
http://hphotos-snc1.fbcdn.net/hs047.snc1/4432_1080658818696_1293060230_30266912_2651983_n.j pg

shmon
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:19 PM
I have an LTD2 (got it on sale sometime last year). It's a beautiful bridle, but just be aware, the one that I have has 5/8" cheekpieces - so if you're looking for something for a dainty head it might not work for you.

Mine is horse sized and it seems to fit most 16+ horses well. I have used it on a rather dainty 15.3 TBx and the noseband was huge on him (the cheekpieces fit ok - they were towards the top, but still had room). Beval's website has a good size chart for you to check the sizing on. Also, in my experience, my Beval bridles do not stretch out as much as my Edgewoods have.