PDA

View Full Version : What day to go to WEF as a viewer?

HunterObsession
Jan. 10, 2010, 09:22 PM
Hi! I am so excited because I am going to Florida for my spring break in March and I convinced my friends to go to WEF for one day. Would Saturday or Sunday be a better day to go and watch? Will the tack shops be open on Sunday? I am so excited! I am sorry if there is already a thread on this, please direct me if there is. Thanks:)

Individualblue07
Jan. 10, 2010, 10:37 PM
yay! Thats awesome that your going to be able to come!

Saturday for sure.... All of the grand prix and major classes are going to be held on saturday nights :winkgrin:

Pony Soprano
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:43 PM
It depends on what your interests are. I have shown there many times, but never paid much attention. I planned a few nice days of vacation a few years ago Friday through Sunday of just shopping and spectating, as opposed to running around like a maniac from ring to ring :eek: I really wish that I had gotten there on Thursday because I really would rather watch the pro divisions than the amateur ones. Popeye K and Roxdene didn't do most of their classes on Saturday ;) Same with the young jumpers and the challenge cups. During the weekend you are going to see a lot of children's hunters and ponies, which are still very high quality, but a very different kind of class. The shops are there every day :D

HunterObsession
Jan. 11, 2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks.... I can't wait:)

equest
Jan. 11, 2010, 12:59 PM
There are big Grand Prix classes on some Sunday afternoons as well, depending on the weekend.

heartinrye
Jan. 11, 2010, 04:27 PM
There are big Grand Prix classes on some Sunday afternoons as well, depending on the weekend.
I believe this year they are making most of the big classes on Saturday night. That's what they were saying at the end of circuit last year anyways, I think its so people don't have to choose between going to watch the GP and going to Polo.

CBoylen
Jan. 11, 2010, 06:00 PM
Why don't you have a look at the prizelist (at http://www.equestriansport.com/) and see which day looks more interesting to you on the week you will be there? Everyone wants to watch something different. Shops are open every day except for Mondays and some on Tuesdays.

Individualblue07
Jan. 12, 2010, 12:48 AM
I believe this year they are making most of the big classes on Saturday night. That's what they were saying at the end of circuit last year anyways, I think its so people don't have to choose between going to watch the GP and going to Polo.

your exactly right :winkgrin:

saturday afternoon/night events now and sunday is set up for polo. :yes:

DraperEquine
Jan. 12, 2010, 09:10 AM
I say why choose a day? Go for both and enjoy it all!