PDA

View Full Version : black tack in the jumper ring...

AngelBites
Jan. 10, 2010, 05:30 PM
Was wondering if anyone knew of any tack color restrictions in the jumper ring. Ive always showed H/J but I am transitioning my mare in to the jumper ring. She looks fabulous in black tack and Ive found a really nice black saddle that I am looking to buy. But thought I would ask the experienced if they knew before I buy.

Lkramer
Jan. 10, 2010, 05:44 PM
Perfectly acceptable! Just about anything goes in the jumper ring.

spaceagevalkyrie
Jan. 10, 2010, 05:51 PM
My tack is black, and I haven't been thrown out of the ring or anything yet :lol:

AngelBites
Jan. 10, 2010, 06:04 PM
Awesome! Guess I will go ahead and get the saddle. Very ready to retire my old jumping saddle that Ive had for eons. What about bling? I dont like a lot but I do like the browbands with a little something extra:)

Pony Soprano
Jan. 10, 2010, 06:10 PM
Black tack is not going to be the norm, but there are no rules against it. It is very common in Europe on the jumpers though. Maybe because the dressage and jumpers are more integrated there. Brown bridles are actually a little hard to find. It took me some getting used to, but now I like the look on a lot of horses.

AngelBites
Jan. 30, 2010, 06:35 PM
Ok, so now that Ive started looking for a good black saddle. The only ones I seem to be finding are cheap and not well made and the reviews on them are horrible!!! What are some brand names or places that I can look to find a decent one that wont break or fall apart??:confused:

fordtraktor
Jan. 30, 2010, 06:58 PM
I have a black Delgrange PJ that I love. But really, it is not easy to find good black saddles here. I would buy whatever saddle is comfy and fits both you and your horse, whatever the color.

AngelBites
Jan. 30, 2010, 07:05 PM
I knew it wouldnt be easy...but geez!:eek: We have a saddle that fits the both of us, but I really want to show her in all black...eventually, if I can ever find it all....:sigh:

AmandaandTuff
Jan. 30, 2010, 07:12 PM
Can you get a dark saddle that could oil to look black? Mine looks black if you're not looking closely.

Looking on ebay I see a Hermes steinkraus and oxer. Also County.

superpony123
Jan. 30, 2010, 08:48 PM
its okay in the jumper, but what happens if you want to change it up and do an eq or hunter class? you might as well just get a very dark saddle. personally, i think black looks ugly on most horses but again thats just me :D it will be hard to find a good black saddle though, i think. go custom if you have the money, but otherwise you might as well just find whatever saddle fits you and your horse, regardless of color.

Dressage.For.Life.
Jan. 30, 2010, 10:05 PM
My jumping saddle by Stubben (Roxanne S Deluxe) is black. My other saddle is by Prestige which I like a lot, and it's not hard to find their jumping saddles in black even when looking for a used one. Ebay is great when you know what you need (only a few auctions will have a trial period or allow returns if you pay return shipping) and Fine Used Saddles (http://www.fine-used-saddles.com/catalog.htm?Vl=3&Tp=2) is great too.

fordtraktor
Jan. 31, 2010, 02:28 AM
personally, i think black looks ugly on most horses but again thats just me :D

Really? What color are your boots and helmet? :D

If OP wants black, fine. I *gasp* use my black saddle with my (dark, oiled) brown tack, and it is honestly hard to tell whether it is black or dark brown when I'm riding, since most of it is covered by my leg. I would have no problem showing a hunter in it. I bought the saddle because it was a good price and fit me and my horse, not for the color -- but I've learned not to care about the color.

AngelBites
Jan. 31, 2010, 03:31 PM
thank you all for your ideas! I do appriciate them! last night i found 3 types of courbette saddles that have good ratings on them, just gotta work with my tack shop to get them. Will definatley look at the Hermes...I LOVE those saddles!

I have all the brown tack I need, and more, to make it into the hunters. I grew up on hunters and have had enough of the political stuff, my heart is in the jumpers.

My mare is a white polish arab. She just looks stunning in black tack. :D I will try and post a pic...

Carolinadreamin'
Jan. 31, 2010, 03:35 PM
Black Country Wexford - in black. Looks beautiful. We bought the mid-range ($99) priced smartpak dressage bridle, removed the flash, carefully snipped off the loop for it and now we have a great black bridle for the jumping classes.

AngelBites
Jan. 31, 2010, 03:37 PM
http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/ddalton113/?action=view&current=024.jpg

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/ddalton113/?action=view&current=002.jpg

Here are two recent pics of her...cant figure out how to put it in the message:confused:

Kaelurus
Jan. 31, 2010, 03:44 PM
The Albion K2 comes in black. I LOVE mine!

http://www.saddlery.biz/pp/Horse_Saddles/Jumping_Saddles/Albion_K2_Jumper_Saddle.html

paint hunter
Jan. 31, 2010, 07:41 PM
Was just surfing the Antares website and it looks like the jumping saddle can be made up in black leather....