PDA

View Full Version : Anyone board/have boarded at these va places?

alittlegray
Jan. 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
and could speak to the care/conditions there?

Hazelwild farm, fredericksburg
Criswood farm, manassas or gainesville
bell meadows, stafford
blue ribbon stables, stafford

TIA!

Also, if you know another place in that area with great care and at least a decent outdoor with jumps, I would love to hear about it. I can drive 30 - 45 minutes.

alittlegray
Jan. 10, 2010, 04:52 PM
Also Cedar run horse center in woodbridge?

TimelyImpulse
Jan. 10, 2010, 05:52 PM
Sent you a PM.

myforx4
Jan. 10, 2010, 07:26 PM
I know the owners of Bell Meadows, although I have not actually been there for 10+ years. Feel free to PM me any questions :)

ShadesOfBay
Oct. 21, 2010, 02:18 PM
I would like to hear recommendations/reviews as well for the following boarding barns in Stafford, VA:

Bell Meadows
Blue Ribbon Stable
Crimson Hill

Please PM ~ thanks!

le_dressage
Jan. 21, 2011, 02:26 PM
I would check out the thread "need help finding contact info Forest Grove Stable (VA) that's opening farm in SC" It is the same person who is running Crimson Hill now and I would not board my horse there. Having had personal experience with the owner before she started running Crimson Hill. I would stay far away. :eek:

jn4jenny
Jan. 21, 2011, 02:30 PM
Cedar Run has been sold for development, so you can cross that one off your list. :(
http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276459

Beam Me Up
Jan. 21, 2011, 02:46 PM
I used to board down the road from Criswood.
Nothing on the care, but it is a good hr from Fredericksburg/Stafford, and part of the ridiculously trafficked NoVA area.

Are you in NoVA or Stafford? Whichever you are in, you definitely don't want to have to drive to the other daily--it's a long way, and traffic in NoVA is nuts.

pmysliwski
Jan. 21, 2011, 03:15 PM
I boarded 2 of my horses at Hazelwild farm and they were very well taken care of and I really enjoyed my time there (so did my horses.) They have a nice indoor ring which is a plus.

I currently have my horses at home but use White Stone Farm for lessons and training purposes. They have beautiful facilities, are extremely professional and very nice. White Stone has a huge arena filled with jumps. Their horses are all very well taken care of and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

krupp16
Jan. 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
I would check out the thread "need help finding contact info Forest Grove Stable (VA) that's opening farm in SC" It is the same person who is running Crimson Hill now and I would not board my horse there. Having had personal experience with the owner before she started running Crimson Hill. I would stay far away. :eek:

OK....talk abou being disgruntled and holding a grudge...what's it been now..6yrs? YOu can feel free to address me directly 540-656-8728 or better yet come see me...didnt think so. your opinions are just that...YOUR opinions. you really need to get something else to occupy your time lady
kim rupp

BelladonnaLily
Jan. 24, 2011, 04:32 PM
Pretty sure the OP WAS asking for opinions.

hALTERtag
Jan. 25, 2011, 12:20 PM
I agree, the OP was asking for opinions and really, for the person who responded to the negative post, it really doesn't make you look good. I think it's always better to wait a little while before responding to posts if they are directed in a negative way towards a person, gives a little time to cool off and anyway, it's the OP's opinion and that's all it is. I'm sure there are people who think you're great!

alittlegray
Jan. 25, 2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys! This thread is actually a year old, and the pony is living comfortably at Coventry farm down in Ashland (yes, long drive!) so that DD can train with Teddi Ismond.

:)