PDA

View Full Version : SmartPak Leather Stamping??

feetofclay1678
Jan. 10, 2010, 01:53 PM
Has anyone had the leather stamping(not sure if im using the right words for this) from SmartPak done on their tack? It is for putting either name/monogram on saddles, bridles, etc instead of a nameplate. I think it seems like a really nice idea if you dont want to punch holes through nice padding on halters, bridles, etc. Has anyone had this done and what do you think of it?

pattnic
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:15 PM
I am also eagerly awaiting responses, as I am also very interested in it!

Chef Jade
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:22 PM
I bought my own kit and stamp all my tack. I love it, and I bet it would be even better if done professionally.

spmoonie
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:27 PM
Has anyone had the leather stamping(not sure if im using the right words for this) from SmartPak done on their tack? It is for putting either name/monogram on saddles, bridles, etc instead of a nameplate. I think it seems like a really nice idea if you dont want to punch holes through nice padding on halters, bridles, etc. Has anyone had this done and what do you think of it?

I think Smartpak calls it "lazer engraving" or something like that. Im not sure if it is just a stamp or what. I three am eager to hear how it turns out. :winkgrin:

seajay
Jan. 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
I laser engraved my business logo and name on a halter. It is an actual laser that does it and the level of detail is amazing...you could even see the little "R" mark after the logo. It was an alternative to the metal plates that sometimes get ripped off in turnout...thumbs up to SmartPak.

HolsteinerMare
Jan. 11, 2010, 02:37 PM
I've had many things laser engraved by SmartPak including brushes, halters, bridles, spurs and even T-Boots. I have a monocrown bridle so it seemed really strange to put a plate on the crown and have the rivets directly on my horse's head. The bridle came and looked fantastic so I thought I would try a few other things. Many people in my barn have T-Boots so I asked SmartPak if they could laser engrave my name on those underneath the velcro flap. They tried it, and I have to say it looks amazing! I've also started getting my spurs laser engraved. Really, everything I've had done has turned out great!

Nilla Wafer
Jan. 11, 2010, 03:23 PM
i have it on my bridle...looks great! :lol:

Jersey Fresh
Jan. 11, 2010, 04:35 PM
I've had many things laser engraved by SmartPak including brushes, halters, bridles, spurs and even T-Boots. I have a monocrown bridle so it seemed really strange to put a plate on the crown and have the rivets directly on my horse's head. The bridle came and looked fantastic so I thought I would try a few other things. Many people in my barn have T-Boots so I asked SmartPak if they could laser engrave my name on those underneath the velcro flap. They tried it, and I have to say it looks amazing! I've also started getting my spurs laser engraved. Really, everything I've had done has turned out great!

I had my spurs engraved with my initials through SP too! With the barnbuddy coat it was free =) I've gotten a lot of compliments on them! Plus no ugly electrial tape.

feetofclay1678
Jan. 11, 2010, 04:38 PM
does anyone know if they will only engrave new items purchased from them, or can you bring them your tack and have it engraved?