PDA

View Full Version : Emerging Athletes Pictures

klmck63
Jan. 10, 2010, 12:52 PM
I was browsing through the pictures on COTH, seen here (http://chronofhorse.com/photos_videos?page=0&nid=16225).

Skip to the side facing picture of the guy on the chestnut. He's only been riding for three years??? What?

Kudos to him, whoever he is. I'm impressed.

Anyone else out there on COTH with a limited number of years of experience but a lot of success? How'd you do it? Do you feel advantaged or disadvantaged when coming up against riders who have been riding for a lot longer than you have?

SarahandSam
Jan. 10, 2010, 04:32 PM
Thanks for posting the link to the pics! Katie Haley is one of the riders from my barn, was really excited to see the album.

I remind myself that these are all young men and women who have less of a sense of their own mortality and are able to bounce better than I can in my late twenties. They also have more of a luxury of time, and less personal responsibilities, than adults--so they can work harder and make riding more of a priority than I can at my age. Katie can ride circles around me easily, but I am happy slogging along at my lower level, and I'm just grateful that she'll ride my pony for me!

Gracious
Jan. 10, 2010, 05:40 PM
I was browsing through the pictures on COTH, seen here (http://chronofhorse.com/photos_videos?page=0&nid=16225).

Skip to the side facing picture of the guy on the chestnut. He's only been riding for three years??? What?

Kudos to him, whoever he is. I'm impressed.

I'm pretty sure he assists GM at clinics.

Lkramer
Jan. 10, 2010, 07:09 PM
Yep, that's George's assistant. He is extremely talented and a very nice young man. He works very hard and takes all of George's verbal lashings to soak up knowledge. I'm sure we will see him representing our country in the future.

klmck63
Jan. 10, 2010, 08:33 PM
Yep, that's George's assistant. He is extremely talented and a very nice young man. He works very hard and takes all of George's verbal lashings to soak up knowledge. I'm sure we will see him representing our country in the future.

What a lucky young man! (With thick skin, too, I bet :lol:).

young_ammy
Jan. 10, 2010, 08:46 PM
George's assistant looks fabulous! What a lucky guy.

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Jan. 11, 2010, 02:14 AM
I was lucky enough to meet that young man who's only been riding three years. He was very nice, and very caring about the horse he was on.