PDA

View Full Version : Why are there no more books by BNRs?

ZIL
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:59 PM
I often re-read Winning With Frank Chapot, Reflections on Riding and Jumping, the PH book, and, of course, GM, and I find myself wishing that there were a modern version of these books. Why don't we see BNRs writing books anymore?

Training DVDs have become very popular, and certainly have a valuable place in one's training aresenal, but I like a good book! With pictures!

It would be really interesting to see a training book from Ludger, Rodrigo, McClain, or some of the top hunter riders like the Serios or John French, What do you think?

SkipChange
Jan. 9, 2010, 08:20 PM
I think I would buy them if they wrote them.

snaffle635
Jan. 9, 2010, 08:25 PM
Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but both Anne Kursinski and Geoff Teall have books out.

cobiemurphy
Jan. 10, 2010, 12:53 AM
Why don't we see BNRs writing books anymore?

They're all too busy riding! ;)

hellerkm
Jan. 10, 2010, 07:47 AM
They're all too busy riding! ;)
I think your right, but I would happily volunteer to follow them around and pen their biographies LOL!!! I could just do it as they ride, teach, train ect, what an education that would be!

mroades
Jan. 10, 2010, 09:27 PM
because they all guard their knowledge with bared teeth nowadays....so you will pay them 125 a day to get it.

superpony123
Jan. 10, 2010, 10:08 PM
because their knowledge is what we pay obscene amounts of money for! they can make more money on one lesson than they can on one book.

hntrjmprpro45
Jan. 10, 2010, 10:35 PM
I really liked Geoff Teall's book (one of the few hunter specific books that is recent), its definitely worth reading. I would like to see more books published too. I think it would be really interesting to read a book by a top groom as well!