PDA

View Full Version : Young Horse Trainer Recommendations Wanted KY or surrounding states

QHquest
Jan. 9, 2010, 05:25 PM
Need recommendations for a trainer or ammy good w/ young horses.
Horse has been started and shown, still green and needs refresher.
Prefer horse stayed in KY but will send out of state if situation is right.
Please pm me if need be.

FoxChaser
Jan. 9, 2010, 05:35 PM
I was thinking you ought to post something ;)

FEIPony
Jan. 9, 2010, 05:54 PM
I don't know if this is too far for you to go, but there is a trainer in Northern Ohio who I have heard good things about. His name is Jeffery Taylor, owner of Blue Ridge Farm. I have had several friends send their young/green/problem horses there & he has sent them back as well behaved & trained event horses. Sorry I don't know more, but I do know he has a website. Hope this helps, good luck.

Wee Dee Trrr
Jan. 9, 2010, 06:03 PM
Jenn O'Neill at Antebellum Farms in Lexington, KY
Megan Lanzarone at CEO Eventing in Lexington, KY
Martha Lambert in Louisville, KY
Melissa Miller in Cincinnati, OH
Dorothy Crowell is also in KY but I can't remember where.

Good luck with finding someone.

piaffequeen
Jan. 9, 2010, 06:09 PM
Caroline Atherholt in Eagle Rock-VA-great trainer and great with ALL horses especially young ones!

Divine Comedy
Jan. 9, 2010, 06:48 PM
Stephanie Calendrillo with Graystone Stables. A young up and coming trainer who is absolutely incredible with young horses. http://www.graystonestablellc.com/

secretariat
Jan. 9, 2010, 06:49 PM
Great suggestions, all are excellent (Dorothy is in Frankfort).

'Course, I'm a LITTLE partial to one of them!!

adamsmom
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:58 PM
Susan Posner is really good with the flatwork stuff, and really really reasonable.

Also check out Michelle Zimmer at Robert Murphy stables. She's Ralph Hill's niece and puts a very good base on them. Also very reasonably priced.

QHquest
Jan. 10, 2010, 02:54 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions!

QHEventr
Jan. 10, 2010, 03:42 PM
Johanna Dufort - Brooklawn Farm - Paris, KY- www.duforteventing.com - former Advanced level eventer, double medalist at NAYRC CCI** (LF) and loves working with greenies! Brought advanced and YR's horse up from track to successful advanced and CCI** horse. All horses have been brought along from scratch!

olympicdreams04
Jan. 10, 2010, 07:08 PM
Hey there! I am an advanced level eventer and professional jockey and have broken babies for some of the best in the country (Dogwood, Stephen's TBs, etc). I am located in Lexington, KY and would be happy to take your guy on. I am very economical and only work with babies/young horses small time, so I can offer lots of individual care and attention. I broke all of Karina Busch's babies of Halcyon Hill in Etown this year and can offer lots of references. I am currently breaking babies for Ken and Sarah Ramsey but have my afternoons to work my own horses. Let me know what you are hoping to accomplish with this guy and if you think we can work something out.
Lauren Nethery

TheBrightSide06
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:09 PM
Not sure if these have been said yet:

Lauren Nethery
Megan Moore

takethestage
Jan. 15, 2010, 05:22 AM
I also recommend Megan Lanzarone, though she's going by Megan Moore now. I just purchased a young horse from her and he was started beautifully.

Lambie Boat
Jan. 16, 2010, 12:03 AM
Kristel Holveck is really good with starting young horses. Great timing and instincts, endless patience, dependable. Newberg, Oregon, PNW. She can be reached at tahellah@juno.com