PDA

View Full Version : Where do you get your trunk covers?

jhg140
Jan. 9, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm looking for a reasonably priced trunk cover, where does everyone get theirs?

Elementgrl2
Jan. 9, 2010, 04:32 PM
Triple Crown and the Clothes Horse make really nice covers

juststartingout
Jan. 9, 2010, 06:14 PM
If you can sew - consider making one - the hardest part is the zipper if you want a zipper top.... the rest is really quite easy

Pony Soprano
Jan. 9, 2010, 09:06 PM
I love Clothes Horse and have the whole barn outfitted from there...that being said...I do not like their trunk covers. They are tight and the color is a little dull. I have probably about five and they are all tight on Mcguinn trunks, enough so that you have to pull down all the corners and they are taught.

The triple crown covers are very nice.

Dapple Dawn Farm
Jan. 10, 2010, 04:25 PM
I got mine from Wind River, Inc. out of Boise, ID. It is custom measured to your trunk and you can choose just about any color or even ask for one if it's not listed (which is what I did). Mine took a little longer than promised so they gave me a free zipper top and padded top. I would highly recommend them.

Lucassb
Jan. 10, 2010, 06:18 PM
I love Clothes Horse and have the whole barn outfitted from there...that being said...I do not like their trunk covers. They are tight and the color is a little dull. I have probably about five and they are all tight on Mcguinn trunks, enough so that you have to pull down all the corners and they are taught.

The triple crown covers are very nice.

Wow, are you sure they weren't washed and had some shrinkage or something? My trunk covers are from the Clothes Horse and have at least 1" of clearance all the way around my McGuinn trunks.

Pony Soprano
Jan. 10, 2010, 06:24 PM
They were washed, but in cold water and not put in the dryer. I really don't remember what they were like when we very first got them, but they are a pain now. Unfortunately when the trunks are traveling regularly the covers end up needing to be washed. They were not all ordered at the same time, but over a period of a couple years.

AHorseSomeDay
Jan. 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
I got my trunk cover custom made from Beval to fit the Beval large value trunk.
It wasn't cheap though. :no: It was worth it because otherwise my tack trunk would be all scratched up.

SilverBalls
Jan. 10, 2010, 07:58 PM
The Clothes Horse without a doubt!:)

http://www.theclotheshorse.com

M. O'Connor
Jan. 11, 2010, 09:57 AM
The Clothes Horse. They have unparalleled customer service!

If they are tight, I would guess they were exposed to conditions that caused them to shrink at SOME stage...if they are from TCH, your original measurements will be on file, and you can figure out what went wrong.

If you get new ones made up, be sure to tell whoever is making them that you either want to use pre-shrunk materials, or take shrinkage after washing into account when measuring.

alteringwego
Jan. 11, 2010, 10:07 AM
I just ordered one from Smartpak and I believe that Tally Ho makes the covers. I haven't seen it yet but it was inexpensive. (less than $100)

Tap2Tango
Jan. 11, 2010, 11:21 AM
I think I got mine from the Clothes Horse as well. My trunk was atleast 10 years old at the time so I had to get a custom size done. It's solid navy w/ a quilted top and zipper lid and my mom added the trim and did the monogram herself. (Cheaper that way!) I don't have that trunk anymore(or any trunk for that matter!) but when I get a new trunk I will definitely use them again to get another cover!

JazCreekInc.
Jan. 11, 2010, 11:47 AM
Agreed- Katrina and The Clothes Horse are the BEST!! I love my covers and my trainer regularly points out how he wishes he had the same ones instead of the Blue Ribbon ones they have that are tighter, not quilted, and less durable!