PDA

View Full Version : Florida Horse Park show this weekend

hoofhearted
Jan. 9, 2010, 09:41 AM
I was nosing around on website yesterday looking at ride times and such and I was sure that I saw a header on one of the pages that said they would have live scoring. Does anyone else know about this? I can't seem to find it now. Help?

Threeday33
Jan. 9, 2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.evententries.com/livescoring/14300.html

JanWeber
Jan. 9, 2010, 12:22 PM
Well, I just spoke with my daughter who was riding OI. It's sleeting at the moment, snowed during her test, and the footing is frozen solid in stadium. Everyone is cold and miserable... At least they didn't cancel, but left it up to the rider if they chose not to compete because of the weather. They are planning to take the water jump off the course tomorrow if it's iced over...

advmom
Jan. 9, 2010, 02:55 PM
Is anyone else experiencing difficulty connecting to the live scoring page??

FlightCheck
Jan. 9, 2010, 03:36 PM
worked fine for me....I just went back and checked with no troubles

flutie1
Jan. 9, 2010, 04:31 PM
It worked fine for me too.

gully's pilot
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:33 PM
O lawsy, was it cold there today! I think the live scoring must have been working pretty well, because I several times texted Shrapnel and had him look up a dressage score for one of my group and text it back to me--we could get them that way before they were officially posted. :)

I'm contemplating what to wear for tomorrow's 9:28 xc--the low for tonight is projected at 22, but it's already down to 28 so could go colder. And wind! But the sj footing was entirely safe, and I think the sand will hold up fine for xc tomorrow. This is a well-run show and they were being very humane today, encouraging riders to wear whatever kind of coat they needed in order to keep warm, even in dressage. It's simply the coldest Florida has been in a long, long time.

Firefox
Jan. 9, 2010, 08:07 PM
Sounds like Full Gallop last year!!! brrrrrrr, My guy came in from XC with ice in his tail!!

hoofhearted
Jan. 9, 2010, 09:53 PM
thanks guys, it never dawned on me to look at event entries since I didn't think Rick was doing the scoring. I keep looking at the Florida Horse Park page and the Equiventure page and couldn't find anything.

Sounds like a fun day. It makes sense now why there were so many time penaties in stadium. Look forward the hearing how things go tomorrow.

lizajane09
Jan. 10, 2010, 06:21 AM
My weather forecast is predicting wind chill values to 11 degrees today... we'll be seeing a lot of very energetic horses out there today!