PDA

View Full Version : KU Equestrian Team?

~DressageJunkie~
Jan. 8, 2010, 01:53 AM
As long as I can remember I have been a die-hard Kansas State fan and planned on attending but a change in major/career choices has me applying as Kansas University now. Before today I had no idea KU even had a team. I have found very limited information on the team and was wondering if anyone knew anything?

I can't even find the barn they use. I guess it's in Bucyrus, which is just a few minutes from me but the only barn I can think of there is Windaway?

hasahorse
Jan. 8, 2010, 08:50 AM
I believe it is only a club sport, not a full fledged team. I am not even sure if they show IHSA.
It is actually surprising that it is not bigger at KU - when I was there, there were 4 women in my sorority (besides myself) who rode and competed.

WorthTheWait95
Jan. 8, 2010, 09:08 AM
I can't comment on the specifics but one of my best friends currently goes to KSU and is on the riding team. She LOVES it and says the group of girls is amazing. This is her first year of college and said it really helped her adjust and focus b/c of the mandatory study periods for team riders.

I have no clue if it is club or not but I do know that they show quite a bit. I'll have to ask her more when I see her today and report back.

WorthTheWait95
Jan. 8, 2010, 09:43 AM
Also..here's the website:
http://inside.kstatesports.com/equestrian/facilities/index.html

Looks like the facilities are at fox creek farms.

~DressageJunkie~
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:35 AM
I believe it is only a club sport, not a full fledged team. I am not even sure if they show IHSA.
It is actually surprising that it is not bigger at KU - when I was there, there were 4 women in my sorority (besides myself) who rode and competed.

They do show ISHA. This team would work out better for me, I haven't ridden much in the past 2 years and have only shown local so getting on the KSU team was pretty much impossible but the KU team seems to be for anyone.

Trak_Eventer
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:01 AM
You have a PM.

It is a club, not very many people are on it. They actually have their lessons at my barn. From watching them, most seem like lower level riders (learning to canter and jump). They all seem like really nice people. Feel free to PM if anyone else has questions.