PDA

View Full Version : NoMD/SE PA Hunter Assoc?

Meredith Clark
Jan. 8, 2010, 01:44 AM
I think it was called the Chesapeake Bay Horse Show Assoc?

I had their page book marked but the webpage doesn't exist anymore. My sister wants to do some unrated (or B/C rated) hunter shows with her new horse and they seemed to have non-threatening shows in the Northern MD/SE Pa area.

Are they still around or any other suggestions?

alakazam
Jan. 8, 2010, 09:52 AM
I've never hear of that association before. But, there are a few schooling show series in the area. Appleton Stables, Fairwind (Tailwind?) stables, and Lewisville Stables are in that area. There's also the Triangle Series that runs out of several barns in Southern Chester County. I think those start in April and they are held at Tomorrow's Dream, Shady Home, and Grazing Acres. I haven't been to their shows in many years, but from what I remember they are very low key and inexpensive. I think they are like $10 a class.

Swale01
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:30 AM
I have always enjoyed the Baltimore County horse shows - although it's further west than you're describing, it's still on the north end.....
http://www.bchsa.org/

suniday
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:56 AM
The association is still around. I "think" I have it bookmarked at home. Send me a PM if you don't get it and I can get it to you this weekend.

GirlGeek
Jan. 8, 2010, 05:23 PM
The Equiery association link might help you find some shows in your area that might work: http://www.equiery.com/AssocList.html

The 2010 list hasn't posted yet...

lovemydubarrys
Jan. 10, 2010, 11:21 AM
Try Hunt Cap Horse Shows in York PA. This is a well run, well attended series of schooling shows which normally run from May through September. Halcyon Farm and Heritage-Acres in York County run B/C shows most of the year.

(** I'm so excited, this is my first post on the forums!!** )

Sparky Boy
Jan. 10, 2010, 01:09 PM
Is this it? www.ceshs.org

But it doesn't appear that they have PA shows.

suniday
Jan. 10, 2010, 04:23 PM
CESHS isn't the one she's talking about.

It's the Chesapeake Bay Horse Shows Association (CBHSA). It seems that every year or so the link goes dead. I know that Katie and Kristie at www.autumngovestables.net host a couple of their shows each year. If you contact them, they may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Meredith Clark
Jan. 13, 2010, 08:46 PM
CESHS isn't the one she's talking about.

It's the Chesapeake Bay Horse Shows Association (CBHSA). It seems that every year or so the link goes dead. I know that Katie and Kristie at www.autumngovestables.net host a couple of their shows each year. If you contact them, they may be able to guide you in the right direction.

Thanks Suniday!

They have shows at Fair Hill too which is like 2 miles from my farm so if they are having them again this year it'd be really nice.

MDPONYMOM
Jan. 14, 2010, 09:05 AM
CBHSA also has a few each year at C-Line Stables. C-Line is a few miles north of Smyrna, DE. You can contact Carlotta Kline there for more information. The rest of their shows (besides C-Line and Fair Hill) are either in Easton, MD or Berlin, MD.

shoponee70
Jan. 14, 2010, 11:15 AM
When i lived in carlisle / harriburg/ dillsburg maybe more south central PA i guess- not far from frederick and we had the cpjhsa - central pennsylvania junior horse show association.. they were all c rated.. but i do recall someone saying there was an even smaller circuit that was unrated.
im pretty sure cpjhsa had a website.. maybe cpjhsa.org?

shows were nice and well run..