PDA

View Full Version : Aiken

Gumbinersn
Jan. 7, 2010, 08:16 PM
I am traveling to Aiken to work for a professional during the winter season. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where to look for a potential part time job/housing for while I am down? Thank you for your help!

Sara Gumbiner
Gumbinersn@gmail.com

Eventer-n-SC
Jan. 7, 2010, 08:49 PM
There's a great little place we stay when traveling to FGF or JBF. Apt. off her barn. Kitchen (microwave, no stove), bath, tv. Our horses get their own paddock (though you probably don't need stabling). I'll have to track down contact info, but I'll get back to you.

baysngreys
Jan. 8, 2010, 02:35 PM
Where will you be working for the Pro? What area of Aiken?

SEPowell
Jan. 8, 2010, 03:01 PM
Don't they have a tb training track there? You could gallop race horses in the am. It's lots of fun, gives you tons of experience with different horses and is great for developing balance.

equinelaw
Jan. 8, 2010, 07:33 PM
Look on the website aikenhorsesonline.com

You can even post a free ad there to find a place.

Eventer-n-SC
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:01 PM
You can contact Gretchen who owns the farm I mentioned earlier at southernescapefarm@yahoo.com. I know one of Karen O'Connor's students stays there during the winter too.

pixietrix
Nov. 16, 2010, 02:37 PM
I wanted to bump this thread with a related question....I have a friend in Aiken who owns a lovely house in Aiken ( in town) that she wants to rent for a few months to horsepeople that are staying there for the winter. Any idea where she should post the availability of her house? I wasn't sure if this forum was the right place but I figured you people would know where to send her to post her property for rent.

thanks!!

scubed
Nov. 16, 2010, 03:26 PM
aikenhorseonline or she can talk with one of the realtors who does it if she doesn't mind paying and doesn't want the hassle. Craig's list also works.

ottbnaturally
Nov. 21, 2010, 10:11 PM
Try Palmetto TB training center - - one of my old high school friends and her husband are the trainers there!!

They are always needing good riders!!

Good luck!!