PDA

View Full Version : Where to order barn logo saddle pads/gear?

kates93
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:45 PM
My barn is wanting to get barn logo saddle pads and possibly some other, human gear - sweatshirts, windbreakers, caps - etc.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

TimelyImpulse
Jan. 7, 2010, 04:25 PM
SmartPak does in house embroidery.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/Category.aspx?catid=247

GreyHunterHorse
Jan. 7, 2010, 04:33 PM
Clothes Horse is always a safe bet, and I bet she would even let you purchase the stuff and send it to her. She has done pads for me that are beautiful. The customer service cant be beat...

Roney
Jan. 7, 2010, 04:40 PM
If your barn is on the "barn buddy" program, SmartPak will do free embroidery of your barn logo, (or anything else for that matter). And it's free on a lot of stuff....

http://www.smartpakequine.com/BarnBuddyProgram.aspx

ilmjumper
Jan. 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
Smartpak is great on one hand, the costumer serivce is good and you'll always know right where to go back and get exactly the same thing as the first one...however I don't think the quality of the emroidery is the same as taking to someone who custume work. My walking horse team jackets that I took to someone local are sooo much better looking than my huntseat team jackets from Smartpak. However! I now can't get the exact same jacket as my orignal ones...trade off i guess..

MIKES MCS
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:26 AM
Big D's if you don't get too fancy , www.bigdweb.com

findeight
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:43 AM
Try asking around at your local dry cleaners-especially the ones that also do monograms. Look in the phone book as well.

Recommend you go local, if possible. The advantage is you can see what you are ordering logo wise before you order-and pay-for the stuff-once the logo is on it, it's yours.

SP and others do standard monograms pretty reasonably. A little more for standard clip art logos but alot more for anything special, even if it's just a minor modification.

I do love Clothes Horse but...depends on your budget. Plus with a non local you are going to go back and forth over the phone and deal with more shipping issues.

Lkramer
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:46 AM
Katrina at The Clothes Horse is WONDERFUL!!! I highly recommend her!

pinkme
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:21 AM
where are you located? I can recomened a few local people, in Maryland.

RugBug
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:52 AM
I usually take my stuff to one of the big embroidery places in my town. I have found, however, the one is quite picky out saddle pads and which ones they will do or not. They've literally turned me away when I brought in brand new pads. They also don't have a feel for proper placement. They did three pads for me...two had things on both (barn logo on one/horse show name on the other). The third pad just had one thing on it. Even though I told them to put that monogram (a horse's name) on the left side, they put it on the right side because that's "where the horse's name goes" Um, no. It only goes there if there is something on the other side. :rolleyes: This is a huge and very professional embroidery company, so I was disappointed. The other place was familiar with saddle pads when I brought them in so I've had no problem with placement or with types of pads. To be fair, both places turned me down for my shirt collar embroidery. We get all of our barn jackets/hat through one of these companies.

My favorite option is to wait for the embroidery trailer at the shows. Paradise Embroidery does an excellent job, is fast and already has a ton of options so I don't have to explain what I want or how to do it. They also know what will look good and helps with ideas and color choices. I don't have to explain to leave the collar buttons open or that the barn logo goes on the left of the pad, etc. I know this option is not practical for all items or large orders, but it is my favorite option.

TrotTrotPumpkn
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:57 AM
My local shops won't do saddle pads--say they are too thick :(

gottagrey
Jan. 8, 2010, 02:00 PM
Where are you located? We have a woman that does alot of things out of her house - unbelievable prices, does good work. We've gotten some saddle pads, but mostly clothes/accessories; We've gotten fleece jackets & vest (Similar to Northface) that are about $30 for vests, $35 for jackets. I just got a super barn jacket for $69 which has not made it to the barn, but is very warm,comfortable & can ride in it; also an assortment of hats, neck scarves etc. She comes up w/ all kinds of good things. I'm sure she would do mail order/ship if you were not local to her. happy to pass on her contact info if you are interested. She is in Maryland

JinxyFish313
Jan. 8, 2010, 03:55 PM
We've gotten everything for horse and rider from smartpak, it has all been excellent and affordable.

Keep1Belle
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:34 PM
where are you located? I can recomened a few local people, in Maryland.

not to hijack, but Pinkhorse and gottagrey who are your Maryland connections. I live in Pikesville and am looking for some barn gear - jackets, sweatshirts, etc

buschkn
Jan. 9, 2010, 04:47 AM
I have a place locally that has done a great job for me, and VERY reasonably priced. I would look around and see if you can find somewhere local. I took my logo to them and had it "digitized" which cost $55 or so? and then they can put it on whatever you want. I order the saddle pads and take them in, also buy shirts and jackets locally and take them in, and have also ordered some jackets and nice hats through the catalog they use.

If you wanted to use them, I am sure you could email them the logo, and mail them what you want done, or order stuff through them, if you can't find someone local and reasonable. PM for phone # if anyone wants to ask them.

The embroidery pricing for my stuff was: hats are $5, jacket back/saddle pads $20-25, shirt/jacket fronts $5-10

This might vary some based on how complex your logo is, or how many colors, but not sure. It definitely would benefit you to search around locally so you can find the best possible deals.

mothermucker12
Jan. 9, 2010, 08:07 AM
we have ordered things from top stitch, it is local and im not sure how the prices compare, but we were very pleased with everything we got
http://www.topstitchembroidery.com/

mothermucker12
Jan. 9, 2010, 08:09 AM
not to hijack, but Pinkhorse and gottagrey who are your Maryland connections. I live in Pikesville and am looking for some barn gear - jackets, sweatshirts, etc

this is in maryland~
we have ordered things from top stitch, it is local and im not sure how the prices compare, but we were very pleased with everything we got
http://www.topstitchembroidery.com/

superpony123
Jan. 9, 2010, 10:59 PM
go local.

all of the tack shops around me want $30 for a 2-3 letter monogram.

I paid $25 total at a local embroidery shop to put my full name in large script on 2 coolers.

M. O'Connor
Jan. 10, 2010, 05:39 AM
Another vote for The Clothes Horse!

I hate having to explain to a 'local' place exactly WHERE and how big the logo needs to be. There's nothing like dealing with someone who knows what it is you need before you even pick up the phone!

kates93
Jan. 14, 2010, 01:17 AM
Thanks, guys. I'm in the Pacific Northwest - near Portland, OR.

MaiRou
Oct. 7, 2010, 07:57 PM
Is anyone still monitoring this old thread if I post? I'm looking to do a barn logo on saddle pads and am wondering about more current responses for where to go. The barn is located outside of Austin, TX. Thanks!

SmileItLooksGoodOnYou
Oct. 7, 2010, 08:05 PM
I'm in the Houston area and have had great success with a company called EmbroidMe. They may be one near you too. And every once in a while we get an embroidery trailer at the shows too.

Cindeye
Oct. 7, 2010, 08:25 PM
Another vote for The Clothes Horse. Katrina is wonderful :) And, they have a rep located in the Northwest now.
http://www.theclotheshorse.com/