PDA

View Full Version : XC Schooling in Central TX

raave05
Jan. 7, 2010, 02:08 PM
Hello - I am hoping to get back into eventing after a 5 year hiatus, and I am looking for some XC schooling opportunities to get my guy out and about.

Does anyone know of good schooling opportunities in Central TX? I am in San Antonio...so anything closish (in TX terms) would be helpful.

crosscreeksh
Jan. 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
Friends of mine in Hunt, Tx. - about 80 miles from SA, did have a CC course. I'm not sure if it is still maintained or not. If you contact me I can give you a phone number. Jackie

SandraD
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:11 PM
What are you needing to work on? Indian Creek in Spring Branch has been sold, so it's out. Silver Hill in Manor has added some xc fences, but I've not seen it yet. Otherwise you'll have to go to Pinehill or Meadow Creek. Lida McAllister (Spring Branch) & the Champions (Boerne) have some limited fences. There is a Danny Warrington clinic at Double Eagle (Boerne Stage Rd) January 23rd & 24th.

raave05
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:22 PM
Sandra - do you know if there are any openings left for the Danny Warrington clinic?

I ride up on Scenic Loop and could literally hack to Double Eagle.

I've got a fairly talented jumper, but he's never been XC, so I really just want to give him some experience and see how he takes to it.

eventer80
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:30 PM
Indian Creek is still "schoolable" a group of my friends went over right before Christmas. Kathy Harbaugh used to have some Cross country over in Pipe Creek.

SandraD
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:30 PM
You have a PM

SandraD
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:31 PM
eventer80 - We were told that it couldn't be used for the Warrington clinic?

eventer80
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:33 PM
Hmm......Is it still owned by the Galos? Maybe they didn't want that number of people over there.........

Weird. I know my friends went and had a great time. Maybe just limited schooling. Where is Danny doing the cross country stuff?

SandraD
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:36 PM
The Galos sold it, not sure when the new owner takes posession. It is my understanding that the property will be "private" & not available to school. The entire Danny clinic will be at Double Eagle.

eventer80
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:39 PM
Do we know who bought it?

ridingmel924
Jan. 7, 2010, 05:43 PM
That will be too bad if Indian Creek is no longer available for schooling. Seems like a waste of a beautiful property. I drive by Silver Hills in Austin everyday and they did build a bunch of cross country jumps. I think they are still doing a lot of work on it but are planning on having their first schooling show in March. The jumps only go up to Novice and I'm not sure if they have banks/water jumps. (I can't see them from the road) But I would imagine if they are wanting to host some schooling trials, they would try and have a good variety.

ksbadger
Jan. 7, 2010, 11:00 PM
Raave,
You might want to look at the CTEA website http://www.cteventing.org/ otherwise I try to include all the clinics & schoolings in both Area V and southern Area IV at www.area35.us
Welcome back!

P.S. Looks a lot like they just cut & paste the Area 35 Calendar....

eventer80
Jan. 8, 2010, 09:01 AM
Just got a little bit of scoop on Indian Creek. Some Arabian people bought it from the Galos. So I can't imagine that they will be using the cross country much. Hope that they keep it maintained though and let us school!!!