PDA

View Full Version : i NEED a ws job or something this summer! (IL)

live2ride99
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:57 PM
x

M. O'Connor
Jan. 7, 2010, 08:33 AM
If you are seriously looking for such a position, I suggest that you put together a proper resume, and prepare a cover letter using formal English (capitals, punctuation, etc), together with a list of references (teachers, trainers, employers).

After doing so, you will be ready to present yourself as a desirable addition to someone's team.

mortebella
Jan. 7, 2010, 08:40 AM
You might try Yard and Groom, also. And get ready to cut the apron strings and move outside your immediate area, at least for the summer. :)

SEPowell
Jan. 7, 2010, 09:01 AM
And some words of advice, don't work for free. Having a clearly defined position as a working student is very different from working for free.

monalisa
Jan. 7, 2010, 10:26 AM
Try Craigs List.
Also, go to some shows in your area and knock on doors literally.

When I used to run an internship program I was most impressesd by a young guy who literally opened the phone book and started with the A's and contacted law firms until someone hired him. He took lots of rejection but it paid off for him. Someone liked his tenacity. I was impressed.....

Someone with a good work ethic who is really willing to do anything - that is tough to find these days, so make yourself stand out.

Serah
Jan. 7, 2010, 03:56 PM
Where are you riding now? Have you asked your trainer about any opportunities they could offer you? Or any possible networking they could do for you?