PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Horse buddy in GA

Georgiatrails
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:38 AM
Hi all -

I'm looking for a horse buddy to ride with and go to horse events. I'm a single female with no kids (well you could call my horse's my kids) and am looking to meet new people in my area to hang out with and do what we love to do, which is horse stuff! I have friends, but most are not into horse's - and as everyone knows on here - when you got the horse bug, it's an infectious disease that you can't get rid of and it just takes over your every breath!!! :) but it's a good disease!! I dont want to get rid of it! Anyway, hope everyone is staying warm - this is the coldest weather we've had in years down here! I'm ready for spring!

wsmoak
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:41 AM
What area of Georgia are you in? How far do you normally go for events?

Georgiatrails
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:47 AM
Sorry - I logged off and rememberd I didn't put where I was at. I'm in Northeast Ga...Gainesville Georgia area. I enjoy traveling anywhere for events, not necassarily with the horse's - I like going to futurity's to watch - I went to the Road to the horse last year, etc...since most trail riding is out right now til spring, I can always find horse stuff to do!!!

pnalley
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:55 AM
I'm in Central Georgia, but sometimes go as far north as The Conyers Horse Park, Hard Labor, McIntosh & Boundary Waters. Otherwise we stay south of Atlanta.

What kind of horses do you have? I have 5 Paso's & 3 Apps.

ChocoMare
Jan. 6, 2010, 12:05 PM
There is a good contingent of GA Trail riders here on COTH:

Me
Pnalley
PJ
Jeano
SpotNnotFarm
Raleigh's Mom
LMH

etc. etc. etc.

Most of us have trailers, so can meet up. Anytime you wanna ride, just holler! :D

Georgiatrails
Jan. 6, 2010, 12:10 PM
Thanks everyone!! Im currently looking for a truck/trailor so I can go whenever, wherever! Hoping by spring I will have both. I have found a trailor I want - working out the details. Pretty funny to get the trailor before the truck :) Priorities, right! I have mustangs - Love them to death! They are my girls.

jeano
Jan. 8, 2010, 09:41 AM
keep pitiful trailerless me in mind if you get an urge to come about 75 miles due south of Athens....I have good places to ride locally, cant at this time justify a trailer. See the new trails in Central GA thread...

Equibrit
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:53 AM
Check this out - they are really good folks; http://www.lanierequestrian.org
and http://www.ride-ctha.org/ Doing volunteer work on trails is a very good way to introduce yourself to folks.

Cielo Azure
Jan. 8, 2010, 11:18 AM
The Cherokee Saddle Club is an awesome group, and lots of other single women. There are lots of rides in/near the Gainesville area throughout the year.

http://www.cherokeesaddleclub.com/

Great group of people!

Georgiatrails
Jan. 8, 2010, 12:27 PM
Wow! Thanks guys! I will check into these sites. I can't wait for spring...this cold is killing me!

sidepasser
Jan. 8, 2010, 08:05 PM
don't forget about me - sidepasser - located south of Atlanta in the LaGrange area.

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 9, 2010, 08:59 AM
GeorgiaTrails- I sent you a PM. Do you ride at Watson Mill? I would love to ride there when it is warm.

Hmmmmm I am thinking a spring Coth trail ride? We could meet somewhere in the middle for everyone. What do ya'll think?

jeano
Jan. 9, 2010, 01:16 PM
Somebody come fetch me or come here and we'll do dirt roads. I'm not close to ANYTHING, unless you count being 30 miles from the trails at Crawfordville close...

shortbusgeek
Jan. 11, 2010, 05:52 PM
We're currently in Alpharetta / Milton, but have made an offer on some acreage out by Six Flags, so we might be moving in the next few months. :-) What kind of riding do you do... english (dressage, hunters, jumpers, etc) or western?

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 11, 2010, 06:50 PM
Shortbus if you move out to the Six Flags area I would love to come out and see how you do the sustainable green farm! I am trying to go green at my place.

shortbusgeek
Jan. 11, 2010, 09:41 PM
Shortbus if you move out to the Six Flags area I would love to come out and see how you do the sustainable green farm! I am trying to go green at my place.

Sure thing! We're keeping our fingers crossed, as we really like the potential of the place. It's gonna take a good bit of work and biodiesel to get it into shape though!

Georgiatrails
Jan. 12, 2010, 12:25 PM
Christina - I think a spring ride would be great for everyone here..Im definately in on that.

I ride western - dont show, mostly do trail rides. I do like the trail horse challenge's that are starting to become popular everywhere!!

ChocoMare
Jan. 12, 2010, 12:30 PM
Ok, if we're gonna do the Spring Trail Ride thing, we need to plan it now ;)

Shortbus/David: so glad to see you on COTH! I had inquired through your website about where you get your biodiesel. ;)

Hope you get the farm...I'm just north of there in Dalla

shortbusgeek
Jan. 12, 2010, 08:29 PM
Ok, if we're gonna do the Spring Trail Ride thing, we need to plan it now ;)

Shortbus/David: so glad to see you on COTH! I had inquired through your website about where you get your biodiesel. ;)

Hope you get the farm...I'm just north of there in Dalla

Ahh, yes, I remember your e-mail! We don't really get out and do much trail riding at the moment, as there's always so much to do around here, but with the larger acreage, we'll have some trails on the property as well as Stout Park not too far away that we're hoping to make some good use of. I'll try to keep an eye on any spring thing you guys plan and see if Ashley and I can't make it out. Just depends on what this year's show schedule and our moving schedule look like. :-)

spotnnotfarm
Jan. 12, 2010, 08:58 PM
Should we start a new thread for Ga coth spring trail ride? Then we could get dates and locations for everyone.

ChocoMare
Jan. 13, 2010, 07:26 AM
Should we start a new thread for Ga coth spring trail ride? Then we could get dates and locations for everyone.

Have at it! :yes: