PDA

View Full Version : Field Boots & Water

theroanypony
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:31 AM
The first day I wore my new tall boots, it was of course raining. I rode 30 feet from the pony barn to the indoor, they got barely drizzled on. The toe part BUBBLED UP! Like the leather bubbled! They dried out and the bubbles went down. There's only a few now and they're not noticeable at all anymore. Anyone got any ideas why that happened? Also, would you send the boots back? I really don't want to go through the trouble of sending them back, wanting on another new pair and breaking them in too. I'm never going to be able to show! Do you think it's going to happen again if they get wet? My old boots (which were the exact same boots) used to get drenched on a daily basis and the leather quality was still perfect.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs147.snc3/17453_393975680322_765875322_10076241_7743762_n.jp g
That photo was taken after I finished riding, the bubbles aren't so bad now.

Squirt
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:41 AM
If those were my new boots they would be sent back so fast it would make your head spin!

cobiemurphy
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:47 AM
There's no way I'd be tolerating new boots doing that.. you never know how much worse it will get! Send them back. I know it's a hassle but it'll be worth it in the long run.

theroanypony
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:00 AM
I called Boot Bay (the place I got the boots from) and the lady was just like "well print the form and send them back. If it's a defect we'll send you new ones, if not we'll give you the old ones back". I don't mean to be mean but they have the absolute worst customer service ever!

First the boots were on back order, that's fine I understand. Then, a month later, they were back in stock and it took them an entire month to send the boots to me. When they got here they were the wrong size. Sent them back, and the next day the boots, that I have now, were on my doorstep. Now this has happened... I've been in tall boot hell ever since my old ones got eaten. :(

Alternater
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:17 AM
Hopefully you paid with a credi card- if you did, I would call the card company and dispute this purchase if the store will not replace the boots. The answer you got , as far as I am concerned , is unacceptable. Good luck....let us know what happens.

theroanypony
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah, she basically said "just send them back". I had to ask how and what they would do to fix the problem to get any information out of her. This was the way it was back when they had sent me the wrong size. I will definitely not be ordering from them again. I'm going to try to get them sent out today, I'll keep you guys updated...

Oh, and yes I did pay with a credit card. It was actually a friend's card. She bought the boots for me since her dogs were the ones that had ate my old boots.