PDA

View Full Version : Rolex "date" and tack swap?

skip916
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:15 PM
So about six of us go to Rolex each year and have a blast having "horse time!" with no jobs, kids, husbands etc. to interrupt and I just got the first of many "did you start your Rolex shopping list yet?" e-mails today I was thinking....

Would anyone be interested in meeting up one evening to put some names with faces and doing a tack swap/sale at Rolex? I know I have a ton of great tack and stuff that I'm almost ready to give away and I bet lots of other COTHers out there do too. Anyone think this might be fun?

In the parking lot/field maybe or back at a hotel lobby? Just think how fun it would be to have some extra cash to spend at the trade fair the next day!

Let me know if youre interested an I'll start planning for "margaritas and martingales 2010"... :)

Rescue_Rider9
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:20 PM
I would love to! I am only driving up for XC day (probably alone!) and then driving back home, but if its that night/day I would love to make it! Of course.. I am not old enough for margaritas in public yet! I am not sure how much unwanted tack i will have, but I am in need(and want) of a lot of things!

Auburn
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
I am in!! I have a lot of gently used tack and new tack that I would like to send to a new home. :D:D

DraperEquine
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think this is a wonderful idea! I'd love to participate as I have a ton of tack I haven't used in ages that is pretty much brand new. Unfortunately I'll be flying and can't really take it with. Maybe I can take this idea to a local show in my area. You will have to let us know how this ends up working out.

scubed
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:06 AM
Keep me posted. Not sure of my Rolex plans, but I have a lot of stuff to sell and could certainly bring one trunk worth on the plane to participate. I make a killer Margarita

jumpsnake
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:16 AM
Count me in! I live in KY, will be there at least some for sure!

HER
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:49 AM
I'm in! Let me know- I'm a tack junkie and would love to see more COTHers!

smokescreen
Jan. 6, 2010, 02:58 PM
I think that would be great? I would love to go. I would love to buy and sell.

maudie
Jan. 7, 2010, 02:43 AM
You know, for Breyerfest (model horse event) Lots of people stay in the Holiday Inn North, they set up their horses in the rooms and prop open the door. People walk thorough the hotel, into the rooms, and shop! It's very fun! That might be a good idea.

staceyk
Jan. 7, 2010, 09:10 PM
I'm driving down Thursday (early, early am) from the Lehigh Valley PA -- anyone interested in a ride down, pm me. I have a trunk and will have some horse blankets etc. I could swap or sell.

Count me in!

The only thing I wonder -- would it get shut down by officials? Do you/we need to be clandestine ;-)?

Rescue_Rider9
Jan. 7, 2010, 09:12 PM
I dont think we could do it on the grounds. Vendors have to pay to sell their stuff their... It would have to be somewhere away from the horse park

Eventer-n-SC
Jan. 7, 2010, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a blast! Love the name for the event too:) I also travel to Rolex each year with a group of ladies. I'm sure they'd love to take part as well. Definitely keep us posted.

Kairoshorses
Jan. 7, 2010, 10:14 PM
I'll be there, and I'll certainly shop...but I'm flying in from TX, and I won't want to lug a bunch o' stuff there (I have plans for lugging stuff I buy back, though...!!!)

Auburn
Jan. 8, 2010, 10:52 AM
Kairoshorses,

So, you bring an extra suitcase with the old stuff to sell, then you will have an empty suitcase for all of your new stuff (paid for with all the money that you made selling your old stuff). ;)

FoxChaser
Jan. 8, 2010, 06:42 PM
I would offer to have it here at our farm, but seeing as how I'm due with baby #2 on April 14th... maybe not this year :)

HER
Jan. 8, 2010, 06:58 PM
Will anyone else be in the campground? Do you think we would get in trouble there?

skip916
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:12 PM
I'm excited to see that ya'll are up for this! I am staying at the La Quinta Inn right by the HP and have gotten permission to use their lobby/breakfast area for the 2010 inaugural "margaritas and martingales" party. We are aiming for friday night right after the WEG test events end. Bringing a blender...

Feel free to come even if you can't bring tack!

-Ellie

skip916
Jan. 9, 2010, 07:13 PM
scubed... i voted you bartender :)