PDA

View Full Version : Trailering south from VA around Pine Top or Southern Pines?

GotSpots
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:14 AM
Am contemplating keeping my Prelim horse up here for Jan/Feb instead of sending him to Aiken, and then shipping down for a week of boot camp and a show, preferably the week before Pine Top or Southern Pines, and then coming back up. Anyone else planning on doing something similar (one way or both) and think they might have room for one horse/tack to/from Middleburg area around either of those shows?

In weather like we've had this week, I'm aware this is a slightly crazy idea . . .

Invested1
Jan. 5, 2010, 04:49 PM
I may be convinceable.....

Tnevent
Jan. 5, 2010, 06:49 PM
Which Pine Top? I'm going down Feb 8th with two horses and then coming back on the 14th. If I can borrow a friends truck I can take my 4 horse trailer.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:05 PM
I'm doing that....one horse will be in Aiken but I will be going down to Aiken with another horse the weekend before SP II for some work,and then heading from Aiken to SP II then north again. I can take three on my trailer.

Actually just looking to book hotels for SPII (any hints?)

Let me know if you need a ride down...Middleburg isn't that far out of the way for me.

yellow rose eventing
Jan. 6, 2010, 12:18 PM
I'll be at pine top advanced and SP II in march

would love some company and someone to split diesel with me.... I think I'll be flying solo both trips

DQ Eventer
Jan. 8, 2010, 01:29 PM
Anyone heading from Pine Top's Feb 13-14 event North to NY or nearby? My horse will be shipping out of JFK sometime that week after and would love to share fuel with someone in order to avoid paying a shipper for the whole journey. TIA!