PDA

View Full Version : any news on Kristin and Gryffindor?

purplnurpl
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:21 AM
Last thing heard was that he had tendonitis and was taking a break.

That was almost 2 years ago. Guess the injury was a little worse than originally thought?

Did I miss some sad news or is he going to be up and running again this year?
I've been waiting impatiently. :cool:

Doesn't seem as though Kristin Bachman has a website.

TBCollector
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:54 AM
Wow. A bunch of us were just wondering about him the other night. Northern Spy, too.

purplnurpl
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:56 AM
Looks like Northern Spy had his first HT back last month at Pine Top. : )

Seems as though he did a great job too!

http://useventing.com/competitions.php?id=831&horse_id=8629

CookiePony
Jan. 5, 2010, 11:07 AM
Good question, purpl. I wonder about that pair, too. I have seen them in action and they are amazing.

purplnurpl
Jan. 5, 2010, 06:06 PM
hard to believe no one knows. : (

tuppysmom
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:22 PM
I should be able to get an update when my DD gets home from attending the Fiesta Bowl. She has Kristin's #. Our team won, by the way.

TLA
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:40 PM
Given the weather, she might just stay in Phoenix.
Tom

retreadeventer
Jan. 5, 2010, 09:39 PM
I know, that was a heck of a game, Tuppysmom! So she went to it, good for her! Who says you have to do eventing ALL the time....

tuppysmom
Jan. 5, 2010, 10:37 PM
Our vet's son plays on the team! Now maybe we can get our vet to come to Rolex.

She "says" they are on the way home. It is raining here, so not nearly as nice as AZ.

I thought it was OK for her to take 3 days off. DH thought otherwise, which is typical for the workaholic.

TwinGates
Jan. 6, 2010, 05:44 AM
Our vet's son plays on the team! Now maybe we can get our vet to come to Rolex.

She "says" they are on the way home. It is raining here, so not nearly as nice as AZ.

I thought it was OK for her to take 3 days off. DH thought otherwise, which is typical for the workaholic.

I thought about her while the game was on TV. Hubby couldn't understand why I wanted Boise St. to win (as we live about 45min from TCU). Reminded him where Manny was these days, eliciting the sage phrase, "oh yeah". ;))

tb0725
Jan. 6, 2010, 10:02 PM
Kristin took the slow and steady approach to Grif's rehab, letting him have some real down time and come back strong! He is doing great and the last time I heard should be back this year, cross your fingers! (he is one of my favorite horses to watch x-country). She also has a couple nice young horses she's bringing along and is teaching some students.

CookiePony
Jan. 6, 2010, 11:22 PM
Kristin took the slow and steady approach to Grif's rehab, letting him have some real down time and come back strong! He is doing great and the last time I heard should be back this year, cross your fingers! (he is one of my favorite horses to watch x-country). She also has a couple nice young horses she's bringing along and is teaching some students.
Thank you! I'm happy to hear this!

purplnurpl
Jan. 7, 2010, 09:18 AM
oh yippee!