PDA

View Full Version : Horse Show Assoc. Publications- what do you like to see?

hunterhorse22
Jan. 5, 2010, 07:46 AM
I've recently assumed the role of publishing our local horse show association newsletter. In years past, the newsletter has been thrown together, and I found it to be somewhat bland and even out of date by the time it reached members. I'm on a mission to revamp the newsletter and make it a useful and enjoyable read for old and new members alike.

So I ask you, fellow COTH'ers, what would you like to see in your horse show association newsletter?

Thanks for your suggestions!

Hunter Mom
Jan. 5, 2010, 03:50 PM
Articles that telling what other riders have done - on or off a horse. Classifieds are a nice touch, too.

hunterhorse22
Jan. 5, 2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestions! I think a "rider spotlight" would be a nice touch and I am definitely planning on trying to do some type of classified section.

Anyone else?

RockinHorse
Jan. 6, 2010, 07:15 AM
I like to see information specific to the association like information regarding new rules, rule changes under consideration, etc.

alteringwego
Jan. 6, 2010, 08:07 AM
rule changes
spotlight of venues (or business around specific venues, restaurants, shops, etc)
spotlight on specific trainers or barns
news (champions at previous shows, award winners, etc.)
Some type of educational article (conformation, jump design, exercises, fitness, etc)
Classifieds