PDA

View Full Version : Elbow pain after riding?

theroanypony
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:54 PM
I'm double jointed pretty much everywhere, while that may come in handy for winning bets, its not fun when riding. My elbows are sort of backwards, and they lock up super easily. I used to have a problem with being straight armed while riding because they'd lock and I wouldn't realize it. That doesn't happen anymore, but for a while now (as in like a year) my elbows get so sore from riding. Usually after a lesson my elbows hurt for a minimum three hours. Now that I don't lock them, they bend the opposite way, imagine your elbow bent backwards, but it's flipped so if for the most part it looks the same. I know that makes absolutely no sense, but just try to imagine it in your head. I'm trying to think of what would help, without changing my eq because my arm position is fabulous now. I was wondering if anyone knew if elbow braces would help? Has anyone ever had this problem? Just in general, are elbow braces difficult to ride in? Thanks for any info!

rwh
Jan. 4, 2010, 11:40 PM
Are your thumbs aprox. 30 degrees to the inside of the vertical? I can see your elbows locking if your thumbs are turned too far to the outside.

theroanypony
Jan. 4, 2010, 11:44 PM
Are your thumbs aprox. 30 degrees to the inside of the vertical? I can see your elbows locking if your thumbs are turned too far to the outside.

My elbows don't lock anymore, the problem is kind of the opposite of that now. It's like they're bent the wrong way, which is perfectly normal for me, and they're flipped so it looks pretty normal.