PDA

View Full Version : Need a horse hauled from Cave Creek AZ to Newnan GA....

BEEBER
Jan. 4, 2010, 07:58 PM
Hi,
Any info on a good hauler from Cave Creek Arizona to Newnan Georgia?

Thanks!

elly
Jan. 4, 2010, 09:05 PM
We just send one of my horses from Aiken, SC to Houston, TX with Equine Express - www.equineexpress.com - competent, on time and our boy arrived in great shape.

I do recommend them !

Best of Luck

gahawkeye
Jan. 4, 2010, 09:12 PM
I was looking into uship.com. Works like eBay. You put in your order and shippers submit bid. I didn't need them as think will be making other arrangements. I will say that a quote that I got from a professional shipper was about $150 less than any bid received from uShip bidder. But I did withdraw my order before I got into any negotiating. Seemed like an interesting concept and good place for shippers to round out their load so there might be a way to get a pretty economical trip -- but who knows on the route -- they might be on the milk run.

3horsemom
Jan. 4, 2010, 09:19 PM
second the vote on equine express.
we have used them on numerous occasions and i would not use anyone else.

Pariah Pony
Jan. 4, 2010, 09:42 PM
I suggest getting a quote bid from Grand Champion Transport. They are amazing, and their rigs are top rate (as well as HUGE). The drivers were fantastic, and didn't push my horse who was a first time traveler. The rate was about $800 less than everyone else, too.

Sillymoose
Jan. 4, 2010, 10:36 PM
Another vote for equine express. I just brought my gelding from ID to GA and they did an amazing job with him. He got off the truck in great shape and the drivers were so personable and friendly. The guy that picked him up was awesome. He gave us a tour of the rig and enthusiastically talked with us about the other horses onboard and we could tell that he really loved his job and the horses that were on the truck. Plus my gelding got a box stall even though we only paid for a stall and a half since the trip wasn't full. He probably didn't have it the whole time but he left in a box stall and arrived in one. They're prices were great too and they make weekly cross country trips. I will definitely use them again.

I did use Nationwide for one xc trip and they did a great job too but were considerably more expensive. I have also considered Grand Champions but haven't had much luck with them. The first time they couldn't accomodate my trip even though I was very flexible with my dates. And the second time they never even responded to my quote request. Not too impressed.

Thames Pirate
Jan. 5, 2010, 02:52 AM
I was THRILLED with Bob Hubbard. I had a horse shipped from Newnan to Oregon. The drivers and company were helpful, provided information, and gave updates on where they were, when they were arriving, etc. The horse only had a regular bay, but since he was a skinny TB going the longest way they gave him the extra space (since they had it), didn't charge me, and the horse travelled in the box stall. They handled the horses well and all gear arrived neatly labeled, etc. Overall the horse looked great (largely thanks to the very short amount of time actually spent traveling). Their phone operators would put me on hold or call right back, call drivers to check the horse's location and condition, and give me an update on exactly where they were and how much he was drinking. They were also great at maneuvering the rig in tiny spaces without being jarring to the horses inside.

I'll use them for all my shipping needs from now on!